View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

&

presents

"MYSTERIOUS SHIP APPEARS IN THE BLACK LAKE"
by Sectum Scribbles

By now, we are used to bizarre occurrences at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but these things tend to happen while school is in session at the thousand-year-old castle. Just a few days ago, the professors and the Headmaster were in disbelief to find an antiquated ship rocking gently in the dark waters of the Black Lake.

"One moment I was heading up to my office to pack for the summer," Professor Josephina Hadley, Arithmancy, said. "And the next, I was watching something large appear in the lake."

There are various legends and folklore revolving around the Wizarding School. Yet as far as we know, only one ship ever came to Hogwarts via the Black Lake - the one that took the Durmstrang students to and from the Triwizard Tournament in 1994. Upon further investigation of the ship, it was deemed to be deserted and free from any Dark magic.

Headmaster Tate confirmed that the ship and Hogwarts remain safe. "Of course we were surprised by the appearance of the ship. It isn't every day an ancient schooner appears miles from the ocean on a landlocked lake, even in the Wizarding World. But after careful investigation, we have every confidence that the thing is safe."

Wizarding experts are not giving up, they say. Due to the mysterious disappearances of several Hogwarts Professors, they are prepared to link the appearance of the ship to any one number of circumstances. Perhaps it is the real reason behind the disappearance of Charles Mugwort? Or rather, why Sylvie Welton, Hogwarts History of Magic expert, has suddenly vanished from the grounds? History lends itself to an interesting legend of an ancient love story, but as there is no concrete proof of any truth to these stories, experts will be working to uncover more details in the looming months.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest