View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #128 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Twenty-Four - The Traitor
The week flew by, and suddenly it was Saturday. The sun was setting and the cold grey sky hung above Hogwarts, threatening to rain. There was a knock at the door and Snape entered.

“I'm almost ready.” Izabella said, smoothing out her heavy black robes and looking into the mirror at the deathly pale face that stared back at her.
“Umbridge is in her office. If anyone asks, we are attending an unavoidable family event.” said Snape. Izabella nodded and fastened her cloak around her.

“Lets go.” Izabella said, swiftly following Snape out of the room. They walked through Hogwarts quickly, their heads bent low. Their black robes camouflaged them against the dark evening as they crossed the grounds and left the school. Stopping just before they entered Hogsmede, Snape looked down at Izabella.

“About Lucius...” Snape started but Izabella shook her head.
“I don't want to talk about it.” she said sharply.
“Did he upset you?”
“No. No, he didn't do anything. I just... started thinking. About how different things could have been.” she said quietly.

“You wish you had said yes to him?” he said, raising an eyebrow.
“No... Well yes but... I don't know. I love Sirius. I do... But I'd love to have a family, a proper home.” Izabella said, fiddling with her hands and looking at the floor.
“You will. One day.” Snape said gently, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. Izabella smiled then shook her head and sighed.

“Come on. We need to get going.” she said, closing her eyes briefly. Her face became clear and expressionless. Snape nodded, then disapparated, keeping his hand firmly on her shoulder. Landing outside the gates of Malfoy Manor, Izabella took a breath before walking through the gates and up the gravelled pathway.

Narcissa opened the door and pointedly ignored Izabella, welcoming Snape and leading him into the house. Izabella rolled her eyes and stepped into the large Entrance Hall, shutting the door behind her.

“The Dark Lord is waiting in the drawing room.” Narcissa said quietly. Izabella and Snape followed her into a gloomy, candle-lit room with a long rectangular table, around which were figures clad in black robes.

“Ah... Severus, Izabella.” said a cold voice from the far end of the room. “Come, sit.” he said gesturing to seats either side of him. Izabella smiled and walked the distance of the table, curtseying low to Voldemort before she took her seat, smiling smugly at Bellatrix who sat beside her sister, futher down the table. A door opened behind her.

“Lucius, take a seat next to Izabella.” Voldemort said, his snake-like eyes glinting. Izabella kept her eyes low as Malfoy was seated beside her.
“Where is Wormtail?” Voldemort asked.
“I shall go and get him my Lord.” said Bellatrix eagerly, rushing from the room. Izabella's heart beat fast and she clenched her jaw. As he scurried into the room, Izabella watched him, disgust on her face. Snape stared at Izabella cautiously.

“Are you still upset with Wormtail? For betraying your friends?” Voldemort asked curiously.
“Of course not my Lord. However I despise everything about this rat.” Izabella spat harshly. Wormtail shifted awkwardly, avoiding her face.
“And why would that be?”

There was a pause.
“Because, I believe my Lord, that it was Wormtail's fault that you couldn't kill Potter 14 years ago.” she stated, enjoying seeing Wormtail squirm. There was a mumble of conversations which was silenced when Voldemort raised his hand. He looked at Izabella and she continued.

“Well how would a baby be able to survive a curse from someone as talented and powerful as you?” she said in an innocent voice. “Perhaps, Wormtail decided to place a protective spell on the boy because he was feeling guilty for betraying his friends, ... or maybe he actually liked them.” she suggested, glaring at Wormtail from across the room. Voldemort looked thoughtful as Wormtail protested.

“I... No... This is incorrect... I am loyal... my Lord, you can't believe her. She's the traitor!” Wormtail gasped.
“Silence!” Voldemort looked around the table, his red eyes passing each face. “Does anyone else believe that Izabella is a traitor? That she is, perhaps, on Potter's side?”

The Death Eaters were silent, their gazes dropped to the table. Malfoy cleared his throat.
“No my Lord. Izabella has achieved much since her return. I trust her.” he declared, causing Narcissa to glower at him darkly. Izabella glanced at him and smiled appreciatively.
“Very well. Leave Wormtail.” Voldemort demanded in a loathsome voice, glaring at him until the door shut behind him.

“Anything to report?” Voldemort asked, turning to Snape.
“The Order are still taking Guard Duty. Dumbledore is becoming worried about Potter and his... mental state. Umbridge has been appointed High Inquisitor and shall be inspecting our teaching.” he finished, a bitter note to his voice.
“I have already been inspected and was told I am an adequate teacher.” Izabella said, pursing her lips.

“But Draco has been informing us that you are excellent... especially after your little talk.” Voldemort said, leaning towards Izabella slightly. She smiled and dropped her head slightly.
“I hope you don't mind my Lord.”
“Of course not. You were right, you have a job to do. And your relationship with the boy?”
Izabella grinned.

“Very strong my Lord. Potter often comes and talks to me, he trusts me.” she said proudly. Voldemort nodded then placed his bony hand on top of hers.
“You have done well. Very well.” he said smiling.
“Thank you my Lord.” Izabella said delightedly, dropping her gaze and blushing effectively.

Yaxley cleared his throat and leant forward on the table.
“My Lord, we were wondering, when we are going to seize power?” he asked eagerly in his rough voice. Voldemort was silent and the Death Eaters tensed.
“Not quite yet.” he said at last, thoughtfully. “By staying under ground we are putting a wedge between Dumbledore and the Ministry. Putting doubts in people's mind about the Boy Who Lived.”

There was a mumble of agreement amongst them, the Death Eaters looking up at Voldemort admiringly. He gestured lazily and immediately the occupants of the room stood up, bowed low towards Voldemort then left the drawing room, Narcissa and Bellatrix rushing ahead to bid farewell to their guests. Snape had stood and was standing behind his chair patiently, Izabella rose slowly and was beckoned by Voldemort. He took her hand in his cold one.

“I am very proud of everything you are doing, you are proving more useful than I could ever of imagined.” he said to her. She smiled and bowed her head.
“Thank you my Lord.” she said quietly.
“And I know Lucius is enjoying having you around again.” he said slyly.
“Of course my Lord.” Lucius said from the side of the room where he was standing. He smiled towards Izabella and held out his hand. Giving Lucius her hand warily, Izabella watched as he lifted it and gently kissed the top of her hand. She smiled slightly, then turned back to Voldemort and curtseyed.

“Goodbye my Lord.”
“Goodbye Izabella, Severus.”
Snape bowed his head curtly then waited by the door for Izabella as she smiled at Malfoy once more.
“See you soon.” he said quietly. She nodded in reply then followed her brother out into the Entrance Hall.

“Goodbye Severus.” Narcissa said haughtily.
“Goodbye Narcissa, Bellatrix.” Izabella said cheerfully, beaming at them falsey as she passed them and leaving the house. Snape rolled his eyes and followed her out.

As they walked through the gates, he sighed.
“Well you certainly have everyone wrapped around your little finger.”
Izabella grinned, raised her eyebrows at Snape, then disapparated.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:27 PM.