View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #125 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Twenty-Three - The Meeting
“Go away.” Izabella moaned, pulling the covers over the top of her head and sliding further down the bed.
“Izabella you are late.” Snape said sharply, yanking the blankets away from her and glaring at her fiercely. Izabella lifted her head, her eyes squinted against the light, and looked at the clock. With a groan she rolled out of bed.

“I'm up I'm up!” she said, yawning as she grabbed her robes.
“Do not go back to sleep.” Snape said in a warning voice. “And do not be late for the meeting.” he said with a sigh as he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Izabella rolled her eyes, but dressed quickly and hurried out of the room, running through the empty Great Hall and through the door behind the long table. As a table full of faces turned towards her, Izabella blushed and dropped her head apologetically. From the top of the table, Dumbledore grinned slightly and gestured for her to sit. As Izabella crossed to her seat, she stopped and groaned inwardly.

“I thought this was a teacher meeting?” she said, a tone of annoyance in her voice as she bitterly took the only available seat beside the smug Lucius Malfoy. From his expression, she figured it wasn't a coincidence that she was placed next to him.

“The governors like to know what's happening at Hogwarts.” Malfoy said, smiling. Izabella rolled her eyes and folded her arms tightly, ignoring the glares Snape was giving her from across the table.

“Now that everyone is here...” said a well-dressed man at the other end of the table, arching an eyebrow in Izabella's direction. She rolled her eyes slightly and ignored the stares she received. “We wanted to discuss any issues there may be this year and find out if you teachers agree that the High Inquisitor role is working tremendously.”

Umbridge smiled, a look of deep satisfaction on her face.
“Thank you Mr Hardy.” she said, inclining her head towards the governor at the top of the table.

She looked around the table, as if she was daring anyone to speak against her. Izabella narrowed her eyes and was about to say something when-
“Ouch!” she cried, glaring at Snape from across the table as he stamped on her foot.
“What now?” said Mr Hardy exasperatedly.

Izabella caught Snape's eye and almost missed the slight shake of his head, but the look on his face was enough.
“I... poked myself in the eye. Sorry.” Izabella mumbled, dabbing at her eye and dropping her head.

“Are you okay?” Malfoy asked in a quiet voice, placing a hand on her leg beneath the table.
“I'm fine.” she snapped, pushing his hand away forcefully and shifting slightly in her chair.

“Well the Quidditch match should be interesting.” Mr Hardy continued. “However lets not have the students practising too much, we need good grades from our O.W.L and our N.E.W.T students.” he said firmly. The teachers all nodded.

“Well if that is all-”
“Actually, Mr Hardy, I would like to say something.” said Umbridge. “I've been finding Harry Potter rather... difficult to teach. He's been in detention for three weeks since September.” she said innocently.
Izabella bit her tongue, aware that Malfoy was watching for her reaction.

“Potter has been fine in my lessons. He never misses class and always does his homework.” McGonagall said stiffly, a few other teachers nodding in agreement.
“Perhaps he's not good with new teachers.” suggested Malfoy. “How do you find him Izabella?” he said, turning to face her. She glared at him for a moment then shrugged.

“Harry has always been very well behaved in my lessons.”
“He had a little outburst the other day, during your inspection.” Umbridge reminded her.
“I wouldn't call that an outburst. Everybody is entitled to an opinion.” Izabella said.
“Not when it is scaring other students.” said Umbridge firmly. Izabella raised an eyebrow at Umbridge then turned away, her jaw clenched.

“Potter has always been difficult. If he's proving a problem perhaps we should do something about it...” said one of the governors, looking around the table until his eyes finally rested on Dumbledore.
Izabella turned to look at him and was surprised to see Dumbledore was looking out of the window, apparently not even listening to the conversation. His expression was distant, his forehead creased as though he was trying very hard to remember something.

“What would you like to do? Throw Harry out of school before he has learnt to defend himself?” Dumbledore said quietly.
“The boy has nothing to defend himself from.” Umbridge said laughing girlishly. Dumbledore turned to look at her, his blue eyes boring into hers.
“There are plenty of people who wish to harm Harry.” he said in a calm voice.

Izabella watched the two of them closely and felt Malfoy shift beside her.
There was a pause, and a silence filled the room.
“Anyway. We have nothing solid that we could use to expel the boy.” Mr Hardy said, his voice slightly bitter as it cut through the tense air.

“If that is all I have things to be doing.” Dumbledore said, standing up. He inclined his head slightly before sweeping out of the room. Around the table, chairs were pushed back and people started to disperse. Izabella's stomach growled and she made her way to the Great Hall, only to be stopped by Snape before she reached the door, and he took her upper arm firmly and pulled her to the side of the room.

“What has happened?” he asked her in a low voice.
“I don't know what you mean Sev.”
“Why is Lucius Malfoy suddenly so attached to you?”
“Don't be stupid-”
“So why is he watching you now?” he said quietly.
Izabella turned her head slightly and rolled her eyes as she spotted Malfoy staring at her from across the room.
“I don't-”
“Izabella.” Snape's voice was low and dangerous. She sighed.

“He came to see me the other night, to tell me about this weekend.” she whispered. Snape nodded understandingly but still didn't let go of her arm.
“And?” he said in a firm voice.
“And what?” Izabella demanded. He looked deep into her eyes, concentrating, but she pulled away from him, blinking and dropping her gaze. “Don't you dare!” she warned.
“Tell me then.”
“Fine! Some things were said about the past and it just... brought back memories okay?” she said quickly avoiding his face. He sighed.
“Iz...” he said gently, but they were interrupted.

“I have the results of your inspection.” Umbridge said coldly, handing Izabella a pink envelope. She looked up at Snape pointedly and he sighed, flashing Izabella the we-need-to-talk look before leaving the room. “You are an adequate teacher and there is no cause for concern at this moment in time. I am glad that you are sticking with my lesson plans, lets make sure it stays that way.” Umbridge said, staring at Izabella with cold eyes for a moment before she smiled sweetly and left the room.

Izabella opened the envelope and scanned it quickly.
“An adequate teacher... Isn't she charming.” Malfoy said, walking towards Izabella and grinning slightly. She rolled her eyes and shoved the paper into her pocket.

“I don't care anyway.” she mumbled, shrugging.
“How's that eye?” he asked, arching an eyebrow as he reached forward and brushed a piece of hair off her face. She took a step back and frowned.
“Lucius. Stop it.” she warned. He smiled.

“Draco thinks you're a good teacher anyway. Although I would advise against warning that particular class about Dolores Umbridge. There are a lot of students with parents in high places.” he said as he leaned casually against the wall. Izabella's mouth dropped open slightly and she shook her head.

“I thought I warned your son about-”
“Draco didn't tell me. I heard it from the parents of his friends.” said Malfoy.
“Oh...”

“Be careful Izabella. She is more dangerous than she seems.”
“People say that about the Dark Lord too.” Izabella whispered, rolling her eyes.
“You're not invincible Izabella. I don't want to see you get hurt.” Malfoy said, moving closer to her and stroking her cheek softly.
“Lucius!” she said through clenched teeth, pulling away and looking around. Surprised to see that the room was empty and they were alone, Izabella blushed slightly.

“I'll see you on Saturday.” she said, backing out of the room quickly. She burst into the Great Hall, which had filled with students, and took a deep breath before taking a seat and picking at her breakfast thoughtfully.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:26 PM.