View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #120 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Just a short chapter!
Chapter Twenty-Two - Monday Morning Mayhem
Izabella blinked open her eyes, stretching with a groan. She frowned as her eyes swept around the room. Did I dream last night? She wondered as she realised Sirius was not there. She sat up and as she did so, her hand touched a piece of parchment that had been folded neatly on top of her pillow. She opened the note, yawning widely, and read it carefully.

Izzy,
I didn't want to wake you, but I thought it would be best for me to leave when it was dark. If you ever need me, just write and I'll be there straight away. I love you.
Your Padfoot.

“I love you too.” she whispered. Izabella smiled and held the note against her chest. She leant back against the headboard of the bed and looked out of the window at the cold gloomy morning.

With a sigh she got out of bed and dressed, throwing her hair up into a bun. She read the note once more then held her wand against it and watched the parchment curl as it was swallowed up by flames. She brushed the ashes off the edge of the desk and into the bin. She picked up the pile of papers which were stacked on her desk and balanced them carefully in one arm as she opened the door.

She frowned slightly as a pink piece of paper flew towards her, floating in the air by her face. She took the note and opened it, sighing as she read.

Miss Prince,
Please be aware that I shall be inspecting your last lesson today. You should act normal and treat the class as though I am not there.
Yours sincerely,
Dolores Umbridge
Senior Under-secretary to the Minister of Magic
High Inquisitor

Izabella's mood dropped and her appetite had suddenly disappeared. She groaned quietly then screwed up the note fiercely and threw it into the bin, pulling the door shut behind her. She went straight to her classroom, pushing through the crowds of tired-looking students and storming into her office.

Walking around the room, she placed the marked papers onto desks, his expression distant and her mind wandering. Voices by the door made her jump and she turned sharply; it was the first years. The students made their way to their desks, talking amongst themselves. Izabella took a deep breath then began her lesson.

The day dragged by slowly and Izabella found herself snapping at people without reason as the inspection loomed closer.

Finally, it was last lesson. Izabella walked over to the large cabinet and opened the bottom drawer. Distastefully, she pulled out the books she had swore she would never use. Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard. With a sigh, Izabella took a handful of the books and started to give them out, placing a copy on each desk.

“Izabella?”
Turning quickly at the sound of the voice, Izabella dropped a book.
“Oh, it's you.” she said with a sigh, picking up the book and placing it on the table.
“Who were you expecting?” Snape asked, crossing his arms on his chest.
“No one.” Izabella said quietly, leaning against her desk.

“Are you worried about this inspection?” Snape asked her gently, walking towards her. Izabella hesitated, a crease in her forehead.
“Yeah I suppose.” she said finally, dropping her gaze.
“What's happened?” Snape asked in a worried voice but Izabella just shook her head.

“Hem hem. Haven't you got a class waiting for you Professor Snape?” Umbridge said, standing in the doorway with a clipboard under her arm. Snape sighed and cast a long concerned look at Izabella before sweeping past Umbridge and out of the room. Izabella turned and plastered a bright smile onto her face.

“Good afternoon.” she said, gesturing to a chair in the corner for Umbridge to sit in. She nodded gratefully and took her place, watching as the students entered the room. Izabella waited at the front of the class, an apologetic look on her face as they caught sight of the books on their desk.

Draco Malfoy entered and Izabella watched him closely. She had never realised just how similar he looked to Lucius; they had the same grey eyes... Izabella shook her head and turned her face away from him.

“Good afternoon everyone. I want you all to read Chapter Five today. Hands up if you have any questions.” she said, taking a seat at her desk and looking around at the class. Slowly they realised, each student turning one by one to look at Umbridge in the corner of the room. Understanding, they turned back to the front and opened their books.

Izabella smiled gratefully and the lesson passed by quickly, Umbridge standing occasionally to question various students. Near the end of the lesson Izabella moved to perch on the edge of her desk.

“Anybody have any questions?”
Hermione's hand shot up in the air and Izabella smiled.
“Yes, Hermione?”
“I was wondering, Professor, if you agree with what the book says about protective spells? Do you really think they aren't useful?” she asked curiously. Izabella glanced at Umbridge then sighed.

“Of course protective spells are useful, but you can't rely on them. If you're in a duel, you will need to use jinxes as well. You can't just run away and use a few protective spells on yourself.” The class nodded and leant forward, looking interested.

“Not that the students will ever need to duel of course.” Umbridge said loudly from the back of the room.
“Unless you bump into Voldemort.” Harry mumbled.
“Detention, Mr Potter. My office tonight.” Umbridge said coldly. Izabella sighed and glared at Harry.

“Thank you Professor Prince. You shall receive your results in a few days.” Umbridge said, smiling sweetly as she left the room. The class was silent for a moment. Izabella sighed heavily.

“Listen, you all need to keep your temper around Professor Umbridge. She could seriously make your life a misery if you misbehave.” Izabella said in a low voice, looking around the class. She caught Harry's eye and looked at him pleadingly for a moment then nodded and smiled around the class as the bell rang.

“I'll see you all tomorrow.” Izabella said as she dismissed them. The class emptied and Izabella sat at her desk.
“This is going to be a long week.” she mumbled to herself, sitting back in her chair and yawning.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:26 PM.