View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #101 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Eighteen - First Day
The first day passed quickly, Izabella finding that the more she relaxed, the more fun she had. She enjoyed teaching her classes and was surprised to find she was actually quite good at it. Her last lesson before lunch time was with the seventh year students.

“Finish copying the notes then you can pack up your things.” Izabella said as she stood by the black board and smiled at her students. She walked over to her desk and shuffled her papers as the students started to stand up and put their things away into their bags.

Izabella looked up at the clock and sighed.
“You may as well go now, it's not long until the bell. Just don't tell anyone I let you go early.” she said raising her eyebrows at Fred and George who were sat at the back of the classroom with Lee Jordan. They grinned back at her as they made their way to the door.

Izabella chuckled as she watched them leave then sat down at her desk, sighing exhaustedly. She sorted through the parchment on her desk, putting things away into her drawers, then looked at her timetable. Two more lessons; the second years then the fifth years.

Izabella jumped slightly as the sound of the bell echoed through the corridors. She stood up and made her way to the Great Hall with the crowds of students rushing for their food.

Once she reached the top of the stairs, she spotted Harry leaving the dungeons and storming through the Entrance Hall on his own. She frowned and hurried into the Hall, walking down the length of the Gryffindor table.

“You alright Harry?” she asked as she approached him. He nodded, not looking at her. She watched at him, concerned, then perched on the bench next to him.

“Padfoot says hello.” she said quietly. Harry turned around quickly, beaming at her.
“Is that who the letter was for?” he asked in a low voice. She nodded and put a hand on his shoulder gently.
“He misses you.” she said softly. Izabella smiled at him then stood up and walked down to the Head table.

“Please be careful when you speak to Potter in public.” Snape snapped, sighing as Izabella sat down and pulled a plate, piled high with food, towards her.
“Why?” she said defensively. She looked up from her food and caught Malfoy looking between her and Harry suspiciously.
“Oh.” Izabella said, biting her lip and looking down at her plate. “I'll have a word with Malfoy later.”
Snape rolled his eyes and sighed.

“How has your first day been?” he asked.
“It's been good. Had fun tormenting my godson?” she asked in a cold voice.
“I don't know what you mean.”
“Yes you do Severus. Harry looks miserable and I know he had Potions today.” she said, raising an eyebrow accusingly at her brother.

“Well the boy is exceptionally incapable in my subject.” Snape said curling his lip. Izabella snorted a laugh and rolled her eyes.
“Lily would hate you for being horrible to him.” she mumbled childishly.
“Stop using Lily against me.” Snape said sharply. “It isn't my fault the boy is awful at Potions.”
“And it isn't Harry's fault he looks like James.” she said quietly, looking down at her food. Snape narrowed his eyes at her and clenched his jaw.

“Hem hem.”
Izabella turned at the sound that was already annoying her and plastered a fake smile onto her face.

“Hello Dolores.” she said sweetly, smiling up at Umbridge.
“Good afternoon. I was just curious as to where you were rushing off to this morning?” she asked, tilting her head to one side.
“I needed to prepare something for my first lesson.” she replied. Umbridge nodded slightly.
“So it wasn't anything to do with the letter you received?” Umbridge asked innocently. Izabella hesitated, her mouth hanging open in disbelief.
“Er... I don't think that's any of your business.” Izabella said frowning.
“I think you'll find it is my business.” Umbridge said firmly. Izabella paused, then smiled once more.
“It was from Remus Lupin. He's a friend of mine and wanted to wish me luck on my first day.” she said with a false smile.
“Right.” Umbridge said, arching her eyebrow. “That will be all. I shall see you later.” she continued, turning smartly and waddling out of the Great Hall.

Izabella rolled her eyes and turned back to Snape.
“Can you believe that? The cheek!” she scoffed.
“Izabella, be careful.” Snape warned quietly.
“Oh come on Sev. She's just some Ministry hag.”

“She's dangerous Iz. Even Dumbledore's worried.” Snape said, frowning as he watched the pink figure leave the Great Hall. “You need to burn all your letters from Sirius as well.” he said in a low voice.
“How did you know?” she asked, surprised, narrowing her eyes at him.
“I'm your brother. I could tell by your face.” Snape said pursing his lips. “Just don't get on Umbridge's bad side.” he said pleadingly.

Izabella nodded slowly then looked out across the Great Hall, just in time to see Harry storm out unaccompanied and Malfoy look up at Izabella, watching for her reaction.

“Don't go after him.” Snape said, rolling his eyes. Izabella sighed and flashed a glare at her brother. She looked up at the ceiling and the grey sky that hung above her and bit her lip.
Izabella felt an overwhelming urge to protect Harry, but she knew she had to stop worrying about him. She had a job to do and needed to keep her thoughts clear. She sighed and finished her lunch, her mind drifting to Sirius.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:23 PM.