View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #85 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Thankyou!
Here's the next chapter!

Chapter Fifteen - Placing The Blame To Relieve The Pain
Izabella landed in an unusually quiet Hogsmede, her trunk falling to the ground by her feet with a loud thud. With a flick of her wand she sent a silver mist in the shape of a shaggy dog bounding towards the school up ahead of her. She waved her wand at the heavy trunk and levitated it in front of her, as she followed her patronus to the high iron gates of Hogwarts.

The castle stood proudly by the shimmering lake, the Forbidden Forest dark and mysterious, the green leaves of the trees swaying slightly. The day was drawing to a close and the warm September day was setting, making way a for cool breeze. The sky was streaked with orange and pink which had started to fade, like a dimming fire.

As Izabella neared the gates, she could see Snape waiting for her.
“Do you ever get bored of wearing black?” she teased as she approached him. He ignored her and pulled back the gate to let her in.

“You're early.” he stated as they walked up the path to the castle. She nodded.
“Dumbledore wants to see me.” Izabella said as they reached the front doors of the castle. As they stepped into the entrance hall, Izabella sighed. She looked up at the stair cases, the portraits, and years of memories came flooding back to her.

“This is going to be harder than I thought.” she mumbled. Snape watched her, a concerned look on his face. “Wouldn't it be great to be 15 again.” she said smiling sadly.

“Izabella-”
“I'm fine Sev.” she said determinedly. She smiled reassuringly at him then turned as a house elf toddled towards them.
“I will take your things to your room Miss.” said the hunched elf.
“Thank you.” Izabella said, smiling at the elf as he bowed towards her, then clicked his fingers and levitated her trunk down the hallway.

“I'll take you to Dumbledore.” Snape said, turning on his heel and making his way up the stairs and along the corridors.
Izabella followed, walking behind him and smiling to herself as she recalled memories from the times she had spent in Hogwarts.

They reached the stone gargoyle that stood guarding Dumbledore's office.
“Fizzing Whizzbee.” Snape said, causing the gargoyle to jump aside and reveal the moving spiral staircase which Snape and Izabella stepped on to. They reached the top and Snape knocked sharply, making the door swing open of it's own accord.

Dumbledore sat smiling in his chair, behind an unusually neat and tidy desk. Fawkes stood majestically on the edge of the desk, eyeing Izabella and Snape curiously.

“Izabella,” Dumbledore said invitingly, gesturing for her to sit. She smiled in response, moving to take a seat opposite him as Snape stood by the window, looking down onto the grounds below.

“How are you?” he asked, leaning forward and resting his elbows on the table.
“I'm okay,” she said nodding slightly as she looked down at her hands.
“Sirius will be fine.” Dumbledore said gently, his blue eyes twinkling at her. She looked up quickly and blushed. Snape rolled his eyes and sighed.

Dumbledore chuckled and shifted in his seat.
“All set then?” he asked her. Izabella nodded and took a deep breath.
“You'll be wonderful.” Dumbledore said gently, smiling at her. “Oh, but you do need to have a word with Draco Malfoy. Make sure he doesn't say anything about your visits to Voldemort. Especially to Harry or it will blow your cover.”
Izabella nodded understandingly.

“Dolores Umbridge has just arrived.” Snape said, looking down out of the window and pursing his lips. Dumbledore sighed.

“I have a feeling everything is going to change this year.” he said quietly, gazing at Fawkes distantly. He turned to Izabella. “Keep an eye on Harry.”
“Of course.” Izabella said. Dumbledore turned to Snape.
“Both of you.” he said, watching Snape closely.
“Haven't I always?” Snape snapped, his jaw clenched.
“You do owe it to him.” Izabella said, raising an eyebrow at her brother.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Snape asked, folding his arms.
“That if you hadn't of gone running to Voldemort with that stupid prophecy, we wouldn't be in this mess and Harry would still have parents!” she yelled, her face growing red as she stood up and faced Snape. His mouth dropped open and he glared at her.

“Well if you hadn't of ran off after that pathetic excuse of a man on Halloween, then Wormtail wouldn't have been able to get to the Dark Lord.” he said spitefully.

Don't you dare blame this on Sirius.” Izabella said in a low voice. “He spent twelve years in Azkaban and what did you get? Nothing! But you complain about keeping an eye on Harry, when it's your fault that Lily isn't here to protect him herself?!”

Izabella and Snape were standing on the opposite sides of the office, their eyes glaring at each other. Sparks flew from the tips of Izabella's wand which was grasped in her hand. Dumbledore stood up and moved in front of the desk.

“This isn't helping anyone.” he said in a calm voice. “Placing the blame on people won't bring Lily back.” he said gently. Snape turned away from them to look out of the window. Izabella looked down at the floor, ashamed, and quickly wiped away a tear as it rolled down her cheek.

“I'm sorry Sev.” she whispered.
“Me too.” He turned back to look at her with sad eyes.

“You too need each other more than ever now. So does Harry.” Dumbledore reminded them, looking at them both over the top of his glasses. Izabella nodded and smiled apologetically at Dumbledore. He gazed at them both for a moment then clapped his hands and walked back behind his desk.

“Excellent. Well I shall see you both at the feast.”
Taking that as their queue to leave, Izabella walked to the door and made her way down the spiral staircase. She turned at the bottom to face Snape.

“I know. You're sorry. I am too.” he said, holding up a hand before she could speak. Izabella smiled then reached up on her toes and kissed her brother on the cheek. He looked taken aback for a moment but he recovered himself and nodded.

“I missed you Sev.” she said grinning slightly. He raised an eyebrow at her.
“Don't push your luck.” he said, turning and walking away from her.

Izabella laughed and watched him for a moment, grinning, then turned and walked in the opposite direction, to get ready for her first feast back at Hogwarts.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:21 PM.