View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #74 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Thirteen - Past, Present and Future
With a loud crack, Izabella and Snape landed on the steps of Number 12, Izabella wobbling but managing to stay on her feet. Izabella smiled sadly as she watched Snape.

“I miss her too, Sev.” she said quietly. He turned his face away from her, looking out into the empty London street. “There's no need to take it out on Harry though, he didn't do anything wrong.”
“Neither did Lily.” Snape said, turning towards her with angry eyes, his fists clenched.

“We did everything we could.” she said gently.
“Only the boy needed to die! She should still be here!” he burst out, angrily. Izabella stared at him, her eyebrows raised.

“So you think Lily shouldn't have sacrificed herself for her own son?” she asked, disgust in her voice. Snape sighed and dropped his head.
“Even if she hadn't saved Harry and lived, she still would have chosen
James.” Izabella said spitefully. Snape glared at her.

“Maybe he would of died anyway.” he mumbled.
“Severus!” Izabella yelled. She looked at him, surprise in her eyes. “What has happened to you? You're not the brother I remember.” she glared at him for a moment then turned her back on him, knocking loudly on the front door.

The door flew open and Sirius pulled Izabella into his arms tightly. She laughed and pulled away slightly, kissing his cheek. He smiled then took her
hand and walked into the house.

“Iz, wait.” Snape said, grabbing her other hand. She turned around and pulled her hand out of his grip, her eyes blazing.
“What?” she said coldly.
“I'm sorry.” he said quietly. She looked into his eyes and sighed.
“I'll see you soon, Sev.” she said smiling slightly. He nodded then turned and walked briskly down the road. After watching him for a moment, Izabella sighed then walked into the house where Sirius was waiting for her, leaning against the wall.

“You alright?” he asked her. She nodded and walked towards him, wrapping her arms around his waist and smiling when he held her tightly. She buried her face in his chest, sighing happily as he kissed the top of her head.

“Izzy. I love you.” Sirius said in a quiet voice. She looked up at him and smiled softly.
“I love you too.” she replied. He grinned and leaned forwards, kissing her lips
softly.

“Izabella you're back!” said Harry as he raced down the stairs.
Izabella pulled away from Sirius and smiled at Harry.
“Come tell us what happened.” Harry said, walking into the kitchen. Izabella followed him in, frowning at the amount of people. She looked about then saw a large banner across the ceiling saying, 'Congratulations Ron and Hermione. Gryffindor Prefects.'

Izabella raised an eyebrow and looked at Sirius.
“I know. We were shocked too.” he said quietly, looking worriedly at Harry.
“Dumbledore will have his reasons.” she said shrugging as she watched Ron, his shining prefect badge on his jumper, clinging onto a broomstick and talking avidly to Tonks.

They walked over to join the crowd, picking up a butterbeer from the table. The people who hadn't seen Izabella before she left that morning stared at her in shock, even though her hair was starting to return to it's natural curl and her face was less white, her eyes less black.

“Tell us about what happened.” Harry said impatiently. Izabella shook her head as people turned to look at her.
“No, I don't want to spoil the party.”

Everyone had moved so they could see Izabella and were watching her intently. Lupin sat by the table, frowning slightly and Mad-Eye looked, almost excited. She sighed and took a swig of butterbeer.

“Nothing happened really. We arrived, Narcissa and Bellatrix were furious.” she said grinning uncontrollably.
“So he is at Malfoy Mansion?” Kingsley Shacklebolt asked in his low, rumbling voice. Izabella nodded but was cut of by Harry.
“Malfoy?” he said as Hermione and Ron exchanged a look. Izabella nodded.
“I met their son... Draco is it?” She laughed as Harry, Ron and Ginny all pulled a sour face at the name. “I didn't think much of him either.” she said smiling.

“Was Voldemort there then?” Mad-Eye asked eagerly, ignoring the shivers that passed through the room like a wave. Izabella glanced at Sirius then nodded.

“He didn't ask many questions. He said it was good to have a spy at Hogwarts and even better that I was close to Harry.” she summed up, shrugging casually. Harry blushed slightly and looked down at the drink in his hand.

“You-Know-Who believed you? He just allowed you back straight away?” Bill Weasley said from his chair beside Lupin. Izabella nodded, her face slightly confused. Lupin and Sirius exchanged a look behind her back.
“Well, we knew he favoured you above the rest.” Lupin said, but Mad-Eye narrowed his eyes.
“He must really favour you.” Mad-Eye said watching her closely with both of his eyes. Izabella coughed awkwardly.

“Anyway, I'm starving. Where's the food?” she walked over to the buffet table and gradually the room filled with conversation once again.

Izabella sat with Sirius, Lupin and Harry. They all watched Harry closely; he was quiet and sat staring into his drink.

“I wasn't a prefect either Harry.” Tonks said, stumbling her way over to him. “Not well behaved enough apparently.” she laughed.
“How about you Sirius?” Hermione asked from beside Harry. Izabella snorted a laugh as Sirius grinned.

“I spent too much time in detention with James. There was no way we were going to be prefects. The badge went to Lupin.”
“Dumbledore hoped I'd be able to keep them under control... I didn't have much luck.” he smiled. Harry grinned.
“So my Dad wasn't a prefect?” he asked, sitting up straighter in his seat and smiling. Izabella laughed.

“Not even close. The only time you would see Sirius and James was in the morning. The rest of the day they spent causing trouble, and then spent their evenings paying for it in detention.” The group around the table laughed. Sirius sighed happily.
“We did have fun though.” he said, his eyes dazed as he remembered.

Slowly, the crowd became sleeply, people leaving and some going upstairs to bed. They waved goodnight to Mrs Weasley who was going to tackle the boggart in the drawing room before going to bed, then Sirius and Izabella stood up and walked around the kitchen, waving their wands and clearing away the empty bottles and plates.

Izabella frowned as she turned and watched Harry leave the room, and saw Mad-Eye putting something back in his pocket.

“What's that Mad-Eye?” Sirius asked. Pulling out a old, faded picture of the original Order of the Phoenix, Izabella and Sirius laughed as they looked at the younger versions of themselves.

“I think I may of upset Potter.” he grumbled. Sirius sighed as he looked down at the faces of James and Lily then placed the picture on the table. He, Izabella and Lupin made their way upstairs, stopping on the landing as they heard sobs.

“Harry?” Izabella said in a concerned voice, making her way quickly up the stairs and following the noise. In the drawing room was a sobbing Mrs Weasley, kneeling beside the bruised and battered body of Harry.

The real Harry stood behind Mrs Weasley, looking helplessly at his own dead body.

“Molly!” Izabella said, running to her and wrapping her arms around Mrs Weasley's shoulders. Lupin tackled the boggart whilst Sirius placed a hand on Harry's shoulder.

“It's alright Molly, it's just a boggart.” she said gently. Mrs Weasley's sobs echoed around the dusty room.
“I keep seeing it. They're dead. All dead.” she cried, leaning against Izabella, her shoulders shaking violently. “Don't tell Arthur about this. I'm ju-j-just being s-silly.” she stammered, trying to laugh.

“Harry, I think you should be getting to bed.” Sirius said quietly, patting him on the back. Harry nodded and kissed Mrs Weasley's cheek before leaving the room.

“Harry must think I'm so stupid.” Mrs Weasley said as she calmed down, her sobs ceasing. Izabella shook her head.
“Don't be silly Molly. He loves you. You've done a lot for him.”
“Thank you dear.” she said smiling as she dabbed her eyes. She stood up and took a deep breath, patting Izabella's cheek.
She smiled and thanked them all before leaving to go to bed.

Izabella sighed and flopped onto the sofa behind her, putting her feet up on Sirius' lap as he joined her. Lupin collapsed into the old armchair, rubbing his forehead and frowning.

“Who would ever think we'd miss Hogwarts eh?” Sirius said quietly.
“Life was simpler.” Lupin sighed.
“If only Lily was here. She'd have everyone sorted out in an instant.” Izabella smiled fondly, her eyes shimmering with tears.
“James would have us all doubled over laughing.” Sirius said grinning. They all laughed, then a silence fell over the drawing room. They sat for a while, in silence, thinking and remembering and wishing. Wishing the impossible.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:20 PM.