View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #66 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Sorry I kept you waiting guys, but hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chapter Twelve - Like Old Times
Izabella and Snape stood outside Grimauld Place, Izabella looking back at the house with a desperate expression. Snape sighed quietly then placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Ready?” he asked. She nodded then he apparated, pulling her with him. They landed on a hard tarmacked road and she stumbled, gasping for breath. Snape grabbed her arm and pulled her back up to standing.

“It's been a while since I've done that.” she said laughing.
Snape and Izabella stood looking at each other for a moment then he nodded and released her arm, turning around sharply. He started to walk down the dark, narrow road in front of them. Izabella sighed then followed him.

The road grew darker and more narrow. The trees which lined the roadside hung over the street, blocking out the weak light from the sun with their spider-like branches. Izabella shivered as a cold breeze blew through the air, causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up.

“I think it would be best to keep details to a minimum.” Snape said keeping his head forward as he walked briskly, his black robes flowing behind him like wings.

Izabella nodded as she walked slightly behind her brother. Her mouth had become dry and her insides were doing back flips.

“What shall I tell him?” she asked quietly.
“That Dumbledore came to you and requested that you teach at Hogwarts and you realised it was time to come out of hiding.” he said simply.
“But why was I in hiding?”
“Because you, like many others, thought the Dark Lord had been defeated.”

Izabella bit her lip, thinking through her story, looking for loop holes.
“Right... and Harry?” she raising her eyebrows slightly.
“I suggested that you live with the boy, get to know him and make him trust you. That way you could be more useful.” Snape sighed a little exasperatedly.
“Right.” she said nodding and taking a deep breath. They had reached a set of large iron gates, through which a large house could be seen behind an immaculate lawn.

Izabella gasped.
“This is-”
“Malfoy Mansion, yes.” Snape finished, a hint of disgust in his voice as he looked up at the over-the-top house. He turned to Izabella and looked deep into her eyes.

“Are you sure about this?” he asked quietly. She hesitated for a moment then shook her head and turned her face away from him.
“I have to do this Sev. For Lily.” she whispered, looking up at the mansion through the iron bars. A flicker of pain was apparent in his eyes for a second, but then he nodded curtly and placed his hand on the top of her back, pushing her through the gates which seemed to disappear around them like smoke. Izabella looked behind her with wide eyes, watching as the gates became solid once more. She shook her head a little then followed Snape up the gravel pathway, putting up the hood of her cloak as she reached the doorway.

Snape knocked sharply then stood back as the door was opened and a figure stood looking down at them.
“Severus.” said the cold voice of Lucius Malfoy.
“Is he here?” Snape replied. Malfoy was eyeing Izabella curiously. She kept her head down, shielding her face with her cloak.
“He wishes not to be disturbed.” Malfoy said in an authoritative voice. Snape sighed and stepped into the house, pushing past Malfoy.
“Inform him that I need to speak with him.” He grabbed Izabella's wrist and pulled her into the grand entrance of the house.

“Draco, go and... tell...” Lucius stopped as Izabella lowered her hood. He paused for a moment.
“Izabella.” Lucius Malfoy's voice was full of surprise and shock.
“Lucius.” she said, smiling slyly and raising an eyebrow at him.

Izabella let out a cold laugh as Malfoy stood speechless in front of her. She looked towards the teenage boy that stood in the shadows of the room. He had strikingly blonde hair and the same sneering pointed face. He moved to
stand next to Lucius and eyed Izabella warily.

“This must be your son.” Izabella said grinning to herself. Draco frowned and shifted slightly towards his father. Snape rolled his eyes.
“Careful.” he whispered to Izabella in a low voice, watching her closely.

At that moment, Izabella's hand dove into her pocket, tightening around her wand, as Bellatrix and Narcissa entered the room.
“Izabella.” Narcissa Malfoy said. In contrast to her husband, her voice was filled with annoyance and her face had a look of disgust. Bellatrix's jaw clenched and she tensed her hand around her wand.
“What do you want?” Bellatrix barked across the room.
“I thought I'd pay a visit to Lucius.” Izabella said winking at him and grinning. Narcissa balled her hands into fists and glared at Izabella. Snape took a step towards Izabella and looked at her seriously.
“Stop.” he said warningly. Izabella laughed and raised an eyebrow.

“Izabella.” said a cold voice from above them. Izabella turned and looked up at the staircase. Stood on the top step was Lord Voldemort.

She was taken aback by how different and snake-like he looked since the last time she had seen him. As he moved down the stair case to stand in front of her, she composed herself, blanking her mind and thoughts. Izabella sank into a deep curtsey.

“My Lord.” she said quietly, her head down. Standing up, she jumped slightly as he put his cold hands on her face gently. Almost scale like, his hands rested on her cheeks and he looked deep into her eyes.

“Where have you been?” he asked softly. Izabella pulled away from him and looked down.
“I am ashamed my Lord. After that night... I thought you had gone forever.” she said. Snape watched her closely, narrowing his eyes.
“If I'd had known, I would of found you. I promise.” she looked up at him, biting her lip slightly. As he looked deep into her eyes, he nodded.

Bellatrix stared furiously at Izabella from across the room. Narcissa stood close by Lucius and her son. Snape stood tensely, looking between Voldemort and Izabella.

“You must be glad to have your sister back.” Bellatrix said sarcastically to Snape, who rolled his eyes. Draco's head snapped up and he looked between Snape and Izabella for a moment then raised his eyebrows.

“Yes, very well done Severus for bringing her back to us.” Voldemort said, gliding across the room to sit in the arm chair by the bottom of the stairs. Bellatrix immediately ran to stand by the arm of his chair, still glaring at Izabella.

“Don't thank me.” Snape said, looking towards Izabella and nodding. Izabella paused then moved to stand on the other side of Voldemort, just to aggravate Bellatrix.

“It was actually Dumbledore who came and found me. He wants me to teach at Hogwarts.” she said hesitantly. Voldemort watched her for a moment then smiled.
“Well this is fantastic. Two spies at Hogwarts.”

“I'm also currently living with Harry Potter.” she blurted out, looking at the floor. The room was submerged into a deathly silence. Izabella looked up at Voldemort warily but he was already beaming.

“A spy at Hogwarts that knows the boy... Izabella you are amazing.” he said quietly, almost to himself. Bellatrix's face grew red and she folded her arms furiously. Izabella grinned.

“My Lord, are you sure? How do we know she isn't a traitor... She is after all the boy's godmother.” Bellatrix said frantically in Voldemort's ear.
“Thank you Bellatrix.” he said coldly. “No one suspects you?” he asked

Izabella who shook her head.
“Potter's fine as long as I'm telling him stories about his pathetic parents.” Feeling as though she had just been stabbed through the heart, Izabella had
to look away so she could gather herself.

“They think, like me, she is their spy. They have already accepted her into the Order of the Phoenix.” Snape informed Voldemort, who nodded and smiled.

“Well, you mustn’t be gone too long. If I need you I will call you.” Voldemort said, standing up and motioning them to the door. Snape bowed curtly and turned to wait for Izabella by the door. Izabella took Voldemort's hand and curtseyed at his feet.

“Goodbye, my Lord.” Izabella stood up, winked at Lucius then followed Snape out of the mansion and hurriedly down the path. Snape waited until they were out of the gates before speaking.

“You always were the dramatic one.” he sighed. “I think Narcissa was about to kill you.” Izabella threw her head back and laughed, grinning to herself as they made their way round a corner in the road before apparating back to London.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:19 PM.