View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 05:16 AM   #43 (permalink)
steflegan
Ravenclaw
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Melina Morninglory- "Glory"
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Downing
Minister's Office
Ravenclaw
WizWorld Universal / Tom Felton for President

Next Chapter- a dark one.....Bellatrix is a meanie.

Chapter 17: Interrogation

They dragged her down the stairs, past the dungeons, and threw her on the floor of the interrogation room. When he was 13, Draco had snuck into the room when it was unoccupied, out of curiosity and the fact that he’d been forbidden to go in there. It unnerved him then, and the feeling was just as fresh as he stood there now.

It was a small, square room with dark stone walls and a stone floor. There were sconces placed evenly around the room; the candles within them provided the only source of light. Various types of restraints were bolted to the wall, chains and shackles and leather straps. There was a crude sort of table in the middle of the room with restraints built at its four corners. The table, as well as several spots on the walls and floor were stained a deep brownish-red. The room itself oozed fear from every crack and crevice.

Draco took several steps back. He wanted to move as far away from Hermione but was careful not to let his back touch the filthy wall. Bellatrix addressed Hermione. “This is a fairly simple interrogation, and I’m sure you’ve figured out the most obvious question: Where, my dear, is Harry Potter? The Dark Lord would love to know.”

Hermione’s heart went into her throat. What am I going to say?! “I don’t know; h-he won’t tell any of us!” she lied quickly. Bellatrix didn’t buy it. “Oh I’m sure he would have told his girlfriend where she could find him,” she said with a menacing sweetness.

“I’m not his girlfriend! I swear I don’t know where he is!” cried Hermione. “Please, I really don’t know anything!!” Bellatrix glared at her. “You know, I’m getting a little irritated with you. I don’t like having to repeat myself, so I’ll ask you just one more time: Where is Harry Bloody Potter?!” Terror seized Hermione; she knew she would never reveal his whereabouts. She uttered a desperate prayer in her head and braced herself. “I…don’t…know.”

“You stupid girl,” she hissed, and grabbed Hermione by the hair. Hermione cried out in pain, grabbing Bellatrix’s hands as she was dragged over to the wall. Bellatrix pulled her up by her hair and used her free hand to thrust one of Hermione’s wrists into a shackle. She cast a silent spell to close the shackle tightly. She did the same to Hermione’s other wrist. Hermione was hysterical as she struggled helplessly against her restraints.

“It seems you need a little motivation to loosen your tongue,” spat Bellatrix. She pointed her wand at Hermione. “Crucio!”
Instantly, Hermione let out a blood-curdling scream and doubled over. She thrashed against the shackles, kicking and twisting and shrieking all the while. The pain was indescribable- she couldn’t think, couldn’t cry, couldn’t even hear her own screams. She could only feel, and every nerve ending in her body was on fire.

Draco looked on in shock. His aunt’s eyes were shining with malice. He turned to his father; Lucius was simply observing the torture, his face completely impassive. How?! He turned back to Hermione, stunned by what he was seeing. Bellatrix lifted the curse and Hermione slumped against the wall, her arms suspended by the shackles. Her body still twitched and she was crying softly. Why is she putting herself through this?! God, Granger, just tell them where he is! Are you insane?!

“Was that enough persuasion?” growled Bellatrix. Now, you filthy Mudblood child, WHERE THE HELL IS HARRY POTTER?!” Hermione lifted her pale, tear-stained face. “I…DON’T…KNOW.”

Bellatrix gave her a hard slap to the face. “You’re going to be stubborn? You don't want to screw with me, little girl- I will cut you to pieces!!” She slapped Hermione again, leaving behind a bright red handprint. “I’m going to let you think about your attitude for a few moments; try to imagine the amount of suffering that’s in store for you if you don’t start cooperating. You’d better have a change of heart before I get back. Otherwise, you’re going to see just how many creative ways I have to make you talk.”

With that, she turned on her heel and marched down the hall, leaving a sobbing, terror-stricken Hermione chained to the wall. Lucius gestured to his son and Draco followed him, confusion and distress etched in his pale face.

Last edited by steflegan; 04-04-2011 at 06:09 AM. Reason: minor rewrite and font change