View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #56 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Ten - A New Routine
The next few days passed quickly. After breakfast, their mornings were spent decontaminating the house, then Mrs Weasley would serve lunch, followed by more cleaning. The evening meal would be rushed as Order members arrived for meetings. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and the twins would attempt to listen in, especially when Snape was delivering a top secret report, but they didn’t have much luck. Once the meetings were finished, they would sit around the table, talking and sharing memories.
Most of Izabella's time was spent with Sirius, Lupin and Harry, remembering their days at Hogwarts and sharing their lives with Harry. He would listen intently, interrupting them occasionally to ask questions.

Once everyone had gone to bed, Izabella and Sirius would sit, wrapped in each other's arms, their heads close together as they talked until the early hours of the morning. When they went upstairs to bed, Sirius would walk Izabella to her room, kissing her goodnight before continuing up the hallway into his bedroom.

Izabella would lie on her bed and smile before looking at the only two pictures she kept from Harry. The first was of her and Lily in Hogwarts. They were sat on plush sofas, leaning on each other and beaming at the camera. The second showed Snape, Lily and Izabella by the swings in a muggle park. The sun beat down on them as they all linked arms and stood laughing together. Izabella would look at the pictures for a while, then place them back under her pillow and go to sleep with a smile on her face.

Two weeks before term began at Hogwarts, Izabella came down the stairs carrying a large pile of washing. Lupin stood at the bottom of the stairs with Tonks and Kingsley, removing their cloaks and hanging them up.

“Still not used to using your wand?” he asked smiling. Izabella laughed.
“I don't feel the need to use magic for everything.” she said glaring at the twins as they apparated, landing beside her suddenly. They grinned then turned into the kitchen only to be shooed out by Mrs Weasley.

“We're having dinner after the meeting.” she said looking harassed as she took the washing off Izabella and placed it in the kitchen. Izabella frowned.
“How come?” Izabella asked as Ron, Harry and Hermione stopped half way down the stairs behind her and looked about curiously.

“Dumbledore has asked me to tell you something.” Snape said emerging from the shadows of the hallway. Izabella raised an eyebrow.
“It can't be that important if he isn't coming to tell me himself.” she said, turning to laugh as Ron's stomach grumbled loudly.
“He's a busy man, Izabella.” Snape said sternly before gliding into the kitchen. Izabella rolled her eyes and followed him in grumpily.

Sirius was already sat at the table, joined by Mr Weasley, Bill and Mad-Eye. The table was soon surrounded by Order members and the mumble of conversation was stopped by Mad-Eye clearing his throat. Everyone sat up in their chairs and looked towards Snape who sat at the far end of the table. He looked directly at Izabella. A flicker of pain flashed in his eyes but then she was looking back into the empty black pools.

“Dumbledore wishes for you to return to the Dark Lord. To become a spy.” Snape said in a quiet yet somehow firm voice. Silence fell in the room, broken by a ripple of whispers. Izabella froze, her eyes wide and her fists clenched.
“Are you joking?” Sirius said in a flat voice. Snape continued to watch Izabella as her head dropped slightly. She looked at the table, her hair falling across her face and shielding her expression.

“You must understand Sirius, Izabella is the only one who ever received useful information from the Dark Lord. She would be very useful to us.” Mad-Eye explained. Snape pursed his lips and glared at Mad-Eye for a moment.
“She isn't a weapon Mad-Eye.” Sirius said in a low voice.

“I deserted him, he won't take me back now.” Izabella said, her voice weak. She didn't look anyone in the eye and kept her face blank. Snape shook his head.
“You know he will Iz. We just need a solid story.” Snape said expressionlessly. Izabella nodded slightly.
“Right...” she said weakly. Sirius looked about frowning.
“You can't tell me you're actually considering this?” he demanded. “Remus, surely you think...” he looked up to Lupin for support but stopped.
“I'm sorry Sirius. I can understand that it would be useful.” Lupin said apologetically. Sirius folded his arms angrily and sat in his chair, his jaw clenched. Izabella sighed.

“Okay... Tomorrow?” she suggested, looking straight at Snape. He nodded. “Is that everything then? I'm starving.” Izabella smiled and stood up, walking over to the stove and lifting up the lids of the pots.

The Order members dispersed, some staying in their seat for dinner. Harry and the others entered, Ron running to the table and picking up his knife and fork impatiently.

Harry frowned as he sat down next to a brooding Sirius, then looked around for Izabella. She was stood helping Mrs Weasley serve the stew. Snape stood next to her, his face concerned.

“I'll go with you.” Snape said quietly, placing a hand on her shoulder. She laughed.
“I'm a big girl Sev, I'll be fine.” She flashed him a smile then walked away from him to place food in front of people. She glanced at Sirius and put his food down on the table gently.
“Thanks.” he mumbled. She sighed then leant down and kissed his cheek.
“I have to. For Harry.” she whispered in his ear, her voice cracking slightly. He nodded and smiled up at her.
“I know.” he said, taking her hand and squeezing it before picking up his fork and grinning at Harry.

Harry returned the smile but watched him and Izabella suspiciously as he ate.

When everyone had finished and the plates had been cleared away, Izabella took a deep breath and leant towards Harry.

“Harry... Tomorrow I will be going to Voldemort. Dumbledore wants me to be his spy.” she said watching him warily. Harry's mouth dropped and he looked at Sirius, who's face had become stony again.

“But... Why?” he asked frowning. Izabella shook her head slightly.
“We need information. He might give it to me.” She shrugged and smiled weakly at Harry.
“You can't... What if he knows your a spy?” he asked frantically. Lupin and Sirius smiled.
“Izabella is even better at hiding her thoughts than Snape is.” Lupin said laughing slightly.
“It's too dangerous.” Harry said firmly. Izabella chuckled as she stood up.
“Harry, don't worry about me.” She smiled then kissed the top of Harry's head lightly. “I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning.”

She kissed Sirius, waved goodnight to everybody then made her way upstairs.
Once she was inside her room she ran to her bed and lay down. Tears fell silently down her pale face onto the pillow. Izabella curled up in a tight ball and sobbed herself into an uneasy sleep.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:18 PM.