View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Sorry for the wait!

Chapter Nine - The Offer She Couldn't Refuse
Izabella lay face down on her bed, her forehead resting on her folded arms. Her black hair had escaped her bun and was messily sprawled across her face. There was a knock at the door causing her to look up and wipe her face. Brushing her fingers through her hair she sighed and mumbled towards the door, lying on her side.

Harry entered the room slowly and cautiously, his eyebrows knitted together.
“Harry.” Izabella said surprised, sitting up on the edge of the bed and smiling warily.
“I just... I wanted...” Harry sighed and walked over to her, sitting down beside her. “I don't... hate you or anything.” he said looking at her. “I don't care who your brother is or who you worked for.”

Izabella smiled.
“Thank you, Harry.” she whispered, wiping a hand across her cheek as a tear dripped down her face.
“Just as long as there is no more surprises.” he said making Izabella laugh.
“I may as well start from the beginning then.” she sighed. “A few months after Severus was born my mother disappeared for a while, I never found out why but when she came back she was pregnant with me. I never knew who my real father was so I took my mother's maiden name. My... step dad brought me up as his own and growing up I never thought much of it... I met Lily when I was about six and we were best friends since then. I grew up, went to Hogwarts. I maybe wasn't as well behaved as your mother... I blame Sirius.” Izabella grinned at Harry who laughed and shook his head.

With a smile Izabella placed a hand on Harry's shoulder and squeezed gently. Then she stood up and walked over to her bag picking up a large, faded photo album.

“A late birthday present.” she smiled handing it to Harry who held it gently in his hands for a moment then opened it onto the first page. Smiling back at him were six teenagers, all standing by the Hogwarts Lake.

James Potter stood in the middle of the group, his black hair sticking up at the back. One of his arms was around Remus Lupin's shoulder who looked less scarred than the man Harry knew. On James' other side Lily Evans stood looking up at him with her green eyes, her fiery red hair swaying in the breeze. She smiled at the camera then reached up on her tip toes and kissed James' cheek. Next to Lily stood Izabella her pale skin glowing in the sun and her black hair flowing down her back. Her arms were wrapped around Sirius' waist who stood grinning at the camera with one hand placed deep in his pocket. On the other side of Lupin, Harry's jaw clenched as he looked at Peter Pettigrew who stood timidly at the end of the row.

Harry glared at the man he had come to detest, for a moment, then turned his attention back to his parents and felt his face flush and his throat tighten.

Izabella smiled gently then stepped forward and placed at hand on his arm.
“I'll leave you to look through them.” she said quietly.
“Izabella I can't take this. This must be all of your pictures” he said croakily.
“I have the memories Harry. It would be selfish for me to keep the photos as well.” she smiled then turned and left the room, shutting the door quietly behind her.

Izabella paused outside the door, taking a deep breath before smiling to herself and walking down the hallway. As she reached the first floor the twins, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were stomping along towards her, all mumbling to themselves.

“What's going on?” Izabella asked.
“Dumbledore's just got here and we're not aloud to listen.” Hermione explained. Ginny sighed.
“Where's Harry?” asked Ron.
“He's in my room... He's just looking at something.” Izabella said carefully. Hermione nodded understandingly then pushed Ron into Ginny's room smiling at Izabella. She returned the smiled then walked down the stairs, meeting Sirius at the bottom.

“Dumbledore wants to speak to you.” he said taking her hand. She stepped towards him and kissed his lips softly.
“You okay?” he asked, his expression soft. She nodded then walked into the kitchen glaring at Snape then sitting down next to Sirius.
“Don't be childish Izabella.” Snape said rolling his eyes. She ignored him and turned to smile at Dumbledore who was sitting across from her.

“Glad to be back?” he asked her his electric eyes twinkling. Izabella laughed then turned towards Sirius.
“Definitely.” she said smiling.

Dumbledore grinned then leant forward in his chair, resting his chin on his long fingers.
“I wish to ask you something Izabella.” he said watching her over the top of his glasses. She nodded, frowning slightly. Sirius sat back in his chair his arms folded and his face confused. Snape watched Izabella closely, his eyebrow arched.

“I would like you to come to Hogwarts, to teach.” Dumbledore said carefully. Izabella gasped slightly.
“Me? Teach?” she said doubtfully whilst Sirius scowled.
“It will be mostly part time. Unfortunately the Ministry doesn't believe I am capable of hiring teachers any more so they have appointed Dolores Umbridge as Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. However when she is taking care of her Ministry business she will need someone to take her lessons.” Dumbledore explained, a note of bitterness in his voice.

Izabella listened carefully, thinking. She would be closer to Harry, but further away from Sirius. She looked at Sirius, chewing her lip slightly. He looked back at her and smiled gently.
“You should take it.” he said quietly, holding her hand then kissing it softly. She raised her eyebrows in surprise.
“Really?” she asked. He nodded then leaned forward and kissed her forehead. Izabella put her hand on his cheek and smiled then looked at Dumbledore and grinned.
“I'll do it.” she said laughing slightly.

Sirius smirked at Snape.
“Your little sister has managed to get a job teaching Defence before you.” he said raising his eyebrow. Snape scowled then stood up and walked slowly over to the door, pausing to stop and nod at Dumbledore, ignore Sirius, and flicker a half smile towards Izabella.

“Good night Iz.” he said. She smiled as he used her childhood nickname.
“Night Sev.” she replied, lifting her hand in a wave.

“I guess I shall see you in September then.” Dumbledore said happily grinning then walking out of the kitchen. He stopped to greet Mrs Weasley as she came down the stairs then left through the front door, following Snape out of Grimauld Place.

Izabella and Sirius came into the hallway, their hands interlaced and Izabella watching Sirius carefully.
“What did Dumbledore want?” Harry asked. They looked up and saw Harry, Hermione and Ron leaning over the bannister of the second floor. Sirius and Izabella exchanged a look then she looked up at them beaming.

“I'm going to be your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher in September.” she said grinning.
“That's fantastic!”
“Seriously?”
“Bloody hell!” Came the reply from above making Izabella laugh.

Everyone gathered in the kitchen to announce the news and to celebrate. Izabella mingled, thanking people when they congratulated her until she saw the person she was looking for. Sirius sat in the corner of the room, staring at the wall opposite him. She sat down next to him, handing him a bottle of Butterbeer.

“I'm so proud of you.” he said before she could speak. “It's a great oppurtunity for you.”
Izabella smiled and placed her hand on his.
“I'll miss you.” she said quietly, looking up at him from under her eyelashes. Sirius barked a laugh.
“You coped without me for 14 years.” he said grinning. She shoved him playfully and laughed.
“Oh shut up.” she stopped and looked up at him. He put down his bottle and took her face in his hands leaning his face forward and kissing her passionately. His hand moved to her waist, pulling her towards him.

The room became quiet as everyone stopped and watched, Mrs Weasley and Hermione 'aah'ing, Harry and Lupin beaming, the twins wolf-whistling loudly. Izabella giggled as Sirius wrapped his arms around her grinning broadly.
She sighed happily as she looked around the room, at her new family.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:17 PM.