View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
steflegan
Ravenclaw
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Melina Morninglory- "Glory"
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Downing
Minister's Office
Ravenclaw
WizWorld Universal / Tom Felton for President

Here's another chapter- I can't stop writing, it seems! This one's definitely darker than the previous few.

Chapter Nine: The Second Training

31 Dec.

His tousled, white-blonde hair was barely visible under the covers. “Young Master,” spoke Mimsy tentatively, “You must wake up”. A muffled “Mmmhmmhm” came from the bed, the head of hair disappearing completely. “Begging your pardon, but Mimsy must wake Young Master up- his father is expecting him downstairs”. Draco groaned and pulled the covers off his face. “What time is it?” he asked, his voice thick with sleep. “5 o’clock in the morning”, she replied. “Ugh- you’ve got to be kidding me,” Draco sighed irritably. “Mimsy is not kidding the Young Master.” “I know, Mimsy, it’s just a figure of- never mind. Tell him I’ll be down as soon as I’m dressed”.

Draco yawned widely and forced himself out of bed. He stripped off his boxers and turned on the shower. He let the hot water run down his body to wake up his muscles, and worked to shake the sleep from his head. Just before he finished, he muttered “Algesco” and immediately the water turned ice-cold. The shock of it made him gasp, but now he was definitely wide awake.

Groomed and dressed, Draco met his father in the dining hall. “Good morning, Draco,” Lucius said pleasantly, “We have an early start to your training today- a blood traitor by the name of Caverty has been captured and is being held at McClellan Manor. You’ll have a prisoner on which to practice your new skills.” Eager as he was to impress his father again, Draco was taken aback by the news. It was one thing to practice dueling, quite another to use what he’d learned on a real person. He took a deep breath and swallowed hard; “O-of course, father. I’m ready.”

McClellan, Yaxley, and Bellatrix were already waiting for them in the training room. Draco looked around, his gaze stopping on the center of the room. A man was there, bound hand and foot to a chair. His face was already bruised, dried blood caked to the side of his head. He looked exhausted and terrified. “Please,” he croaked, “I’m no traitor! I’ve been telling you-” he was cut off by a sharp slap to his face. “I told you to keep your lying mouth shut! Do I have to cut out your tongue to keep you quiet?” barked Bellatrix. The man whimpered and kept silent. Draco felt his body go numb and his heart start to pound. I can’t do this, I can’t do this!

Lucius took him by the arm. Draco’s legs felt rooted to the spot, but he forced himself to walk over to the man. “How fortunate that you should join us today, Caverty,” mocked Lucius, “You’ve made yourself an excellent target for my son’s training”. Caverty’s eyes grew wide, his gaze shifting from Lucius to Draco. Their eyes met and Draco felt his resolve crumbling rapidly. Beads of perspiration blossomed on his forehead and he began to feel very, very sick. He struggled not to show it, but when Lucius ordered him to take out his wand he couldn’t keep his hand from shaking violently. He was breathing heavily, on the verge of hyperventilating. He looked down at his feet, ashamed of his weakness.

Bellatrix moved behind him and placed her hands on his shoulders. “I know, Draco, it feels… uncomfortable at first, but think of the power you hold this very moment. This is not a man to feel sorry for; he’s a traitorous coward who gave damaging information about our cause to the Ministry of Magic. He could have brought danger to our family- to you, to your mother. He deserves to be punished, the lying scum,” she murmered.

As she continued to speak, her voice became softer and softer until it was just a whisper in his ear. He closed his eyes and felt his mind give way to her words. Her silky voice was hypnotic, kindling a fire of hatred within him that rose closer to the surface with every word she spoke. He could sense a wall being built around his heart, and all his fear subsided. All he could feel now was the burning desire to make this man hurt.

Draco pointed his wand at the cowering man. “Apnea!” he shouted. Immediately, Caverty’s airway constricted and he couldn’t breathe. He flailed wildly against the ropes in his chair, his face turning ghastly shades of purple. Draco watched him coldly, and only lifted the spell when his father touched his wand arm. He was drunk with the power he’d just felt, the power of holding Caverty’s very life in his hands. “Excellent,” crooned Lucius. “Shall we try another one?”

“Please! NO!” begged Caverty, his voice hoarse. Lucius whispered a curse in Draco’s ear. “Doloviscum!” commanded Draco as he pointed his wand at Caverty’s chest. Intense pain shot through the man, mimicking a crushing heart attack. His screams filled the room and shattered Draco’s concentration; immediately the spell lost its strength.

“Focus, focus,” whispered Lucius. “Ignore the sounds you hear. Channel your hate, your strength, your power, straight through your wand. Make him pay for betraying our family.”

Draco felt the wall around his heart become solid, impenetrable, and he sharpened his focus. He pointed his wand at Caverty’s ribs and hissed, “Affligossis!” There was a cracking sound as several bones in Caverty’s ribs snapped, and he howled in pain. This time, however, his screams had no effect on Draco. He pointed his wand at his victim’s knee- Caverty’s kneecap splintered and he bawled in agony. Lucius stepped back and let his son continue the torture, breaking Caverty’s wrist, right arm, and collarbone. Then he halted Draco’s attack.

“Enough, Draco. Back away now. You aren’t quite ready yet for this.” With that, Lucius pointed his wand at Caverty. “Avada Kedavra!”

Last edited by steflegan; 04-04-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: minor re-write and font change