View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
steflegan
Ravenclaw
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Melina Morninglory- "Glory"
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Downing
Minister's Office
Ravenclaw
WizWorld Universal / Tom Felton for President

New Post! Short and fluffy, but I have to intro the other characters in the story. Longer post next time!

Chapter Six: Good Friends

17 Dec. (2 weeks earlier)

“…We are so proud of your hard work and we love you with all our hearts. Counting the days until you are home for Christmas! Love, Mummy and Daddy.” Hermione Granger held the letter to her chest and smiled warmly. She was sitting by the fire in the Gryffindor Common Room enjoying a rare moment to herself. She read the letter once more and began writing up a list of presents she wanted to bring them from Hogsmeade. “Chocolate frogs for Dad, Madame Puddifoot’s raspberry tea for Mum, something foolish from Zonko’s for cousin Will…” “And box seats for the Quidditch Semi-finals for your dearest friend Ron!” interjected the ginger-haired Gryffindor.

Hermione turned around and laughed, glad to see her good friends. Harry and Ron plopped onto the couch beside her and Ginny sat cross-legged on the floor next to the fire. “How was Quidditch practice?” asked Hermione. “Bloody cold, if you ask me!” complained Ron. “That’s because you’re a sissy, Ronald,” teased his sister. “Am not!” he said, flinging a pillow at her. Harry intercepted the throw and tossed the pillow on the floor.

“Practice was great,” he replied. “We're going to kill Ravenclaw on Thursday!” he grinned. Ginny stretched out on the floor-Harry secretly enjoyed the view-and scooted closer to the fire. “See, see! Admit it- you’re just as cold as I am!” cried Ron. He ducked just in time for the pillow to miss his head.

“What are you writing?” asked Harry. “Just a list of Christmas presents I need to get at Hogsmeade before I leave,” replied Hermione. “When are you going to have time to do that?” Ginny asked, “The train leaves only half an hour after the end-of-term feast.” “True, but Fred and George have kindly agreed to accompany me to Hogsmeade and then take me to my house by side-along apparation”. “Oi! Why didn’t you ask me to do it?” Ron argued. “Because you haven’t passed your Apparation test yet- eyebrow, remember?” Hermione tapped her own eyebrow. “It was just a bloody eyebrow,” Ron muttered under his breath.

“Thank Merlin, just five more days of class.” Harry stretched and relaxed with his hands behind his head. “One more day of Snape, one more nap in Binns’ class (Hermione shot him a look), and one more Quidditch victory for Gryffindor!” The four friends cheered, laughing, and headed off to bed.

Last edited by steflegan; 04-04-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: minor rewrite and font change