View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Two - The Visitor
A tall figure stood behind her desk by the large window, looking out onto the busy street below. His clothes were eccentric, even for London and his white wispy hair passed his waist. As he turned, Izabella was pierced by the eyes of Albus Dumbledore.

As she stood frozen to the spot where she had entered the office, Dumbledore smiled gently and looked at her over the top of his glasses. “You may want to shut the door Izabella.” he said quietly.

She nodded, her mouth still hanging wide open then turned and shut the door behind her, pausing to take a deep breath before she turned back to face her old teacher.

He was sitting in her chair behind the desk so Izabella took the chair in front of him, unable to shake the feeling that she was back in school again as he surveyed her with his blue eyes.

“You look well.” he said smiling as he attempted to break the tense atmosphere. She nodded and opened her mouth then shut it again as she swallowed and clear her throat.
“Yes, erm I am. Thank you.” she mumbled.
“How are you finding muggle life?” he asked, tilting his head to one side as he waited for her reply.
“Simple.” she said firmly, clenching her jaw and looking at the floor. There was a short silence then Dumbledore leaned forward towards her.
“It's time Izabella. He needs you. We all do.” he said gently. Izabella closed her eyes tightly as Dumbledore said just the thing she wished he wouldn’t.
“No.” she said firmly. “No! I asked to be left alone! Why did you come here Dumbledore?” she said, her anger rising as she left her seat and started pacing.
“You know why.” he said quietly. She turned to him. Dumbledore sat with his head bent over his hands, his shoulders hunched slightly. He stayed like that for a moment, thinking deeply, then looked up at her kindly, turning his head to one side. She shook her head desperately and sank back into her chair.
“I can't Dumbledore. I just cant.” she whispered, dropping her head as tears started to well in the corners of her eyes.

“Izabella. Harry needs you.”
“No. Harry needs James and Lily.” Izabella said, her voice cracking as she looked up at Dumbledore.
“Izabella you have to stop blaming yourself.” he said gently.
“But it was my fault.” she whispered. Izabella felt a hot tear run down her cheek as the feelings she had been bottling up for 14 years finally spewed out.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:12 PM.