View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
KAG
Gryffindor
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kara Wright
Bonnie Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneybird View Post
Oh dear God. I think I almost had a heart attack when I saw this. Bonnie is beautiful but what on earth is she wearing, especially those eyelashes? I'm all for having a bit of fun and creativity but you can't tell me anywhere that this is fashion...and the fact that people would actually wear this type of stuff in a regular setting. It's no wonder Jamie looks scared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. McGonagall View Post
Sorry not liking these pics...she looks much prettier natural...
She's not suppose to. It's the whole point of the fashion show:
Quote:
I knew I was in for a treat when I received the invitation for Katie Eary's autumn/winter 2011 show. The invite promised 'the monster walks', and a creepy image of frankenstein's monster, along with some classic spooky fonts which had me intrigued.

The collection was said to be inspired by the book 'Elephants on Acid and Other Bizarre Experiments' by Alex Boese (the Frankenstein chapter of course), but there were horror and pop culture references a plenty.
The models (both male and female) wore frakenstein bolt jewellery around their necks and some even had 'stitched' up cheeks.
The final walk saw all the models strut their stuff wearing giant bunny masks, not unsimilar to the cult character of Frank in Donnie Darko.

The collection didn't shy away from colour, embracing a vivid toxic green as the staple, accompanied alongside sickeningly bright pink. I really loved the collection and don't really think my pictures do it as much justice as it is to see it up close. The amount of detail is amazing! Now how do I get my hands on a zombie varsity jacket...
Between peace and happiness

It's not something you wear everywhere. Its fashion art to be more exact.
KAG is offline   Reply With Quote