View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
nogoodforyou
Slytherin
Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nora Penelope Reed
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Konrad Alexander Scherfig
Minister's Office
I'm just one of those pretty little liars... | | I'm held down in this starless city...

Chapter Three: "A Muggle Christmas?" - Part one

After that last dream, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named didn’t get into Draco’s dreams anymore. In fact, he didn’t dream at all. And there was one day left until the Christmas holiday. Going home – at the Malfoy Manor – was the last thing he wanted, now that Hermione barely talked to him.

He glanced blankly at his trunk and carefully put his clothes in it.

"Are you sure you don’t want to come over this holiday?" Ron asked for the sixth time. "Harry is, and there’s Ginny if you need some girl talk and -"

"Ron, thank you, but I’ll stay home this holiday," said Hermione and went upstairs to the girls’ dormitory after a couple of minutes. She added a few books in her trunk, and found a small piece of parchment.

But anyway, I don’t want to bother sneaking out with you, if that’s okay with you too. He’ll probably have to accept our friendship, whether he likes it or not.

She kept reading that part. Did he really care about her? Whether he cared about her or not, he had been nice to her and she ignored him for the past few weeks. For what? She kept asking herself. Because he didn’t read her mind that day, most probably.

She closed her trunk and ran downstairs. She had no idea where to go. Somewhere in the dungeons, most probably.

Draco wanted to go for a walk, even though it was freezing outside, but accidentally bumped into someone in the hall.

"Watch where you’re -" he said, then paused, looking at the familiar figure. I missed you, he thought. "Hey," he went on, seeing Hermione.

"I’m sorry," Hermione said quickly, as her cheeks were turning bright red. "I was looking for you, but I didn’t expect to bump into you like that."

"Don’t worry about it," he said, but not smiling, like he used to, lately at least. Just when she was about to run away from him, he spoke again. "So, is everything okay?" He asked, with the same blank voice.

"You know, I think I should better go -"

"Well, you obviously came down here to say something, unless you miss the creepy places. Tell me," he said, this time trying to smile, which made Hermione a little more confident.

"Okay then," started Hermione, after taking a deep breath. "First of all, I am so sorry I ignored you lately. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. You’ve been so nice to me and I -"

"Hey, stop apologizing. I must have said something."

"Oh, no," said Hermione quickly, and felt her cheeks turn red again. Draco looked at her with his charming smile on his face, making him look like a whole new person. It was nice seeing him like that.

After a few moments, Draco was the one who talked. "I guess you didn’t come here just to apologize."

"Well, I got a letter from my parents a few days ago," said Hermione slowly. "They said they'd love to have a friend of mine over this holiday and I was wondering if -"

"A muggle Christmas?" Draco asked, laughing. "Sure."

"What?"

"I said 'sure'," he repeated patiently, smiling.

"How did you know I was going to ask you?"

"Well, you know I'm not interested in Potter or Weasley and you wouldn't talk to me about Lavender or Parvati or any other girl, so that makes me your next option," said Draco, grinning. Hermione was simply amazed.

"But I thought it is a little late and -"

"Don’t worry about it. I’ll just go and send my mother a letter to let her know and everything is going to be fine. And I think it’s going to be interesting. Me in a muggle house. My father would kill me if he knew," he said, laughing, but Hermione didn’t seem so amused.

"And your mother?" Hermione asked concerned.

"She’s not like my father. Not even close," Draco assured her.

"Then... I’ll see you on the train? I’m sorry but I have to go, I’ve got a few things left to pack."

"Sure. We’ll meet there."

Last edited by nogoodforyou; 07-21-2011 at 02:02 PM.