View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 AM   #185 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

SPOILER!!: hermygirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
Spike nodded, as he nibbled on his lip. "I'd like to try," he said with a determined nod, curls bouncing on his forehead as his did so. "And it's probably less messy with a wand." Probably. He hadn't tried yet. And he didn't appear to be the most talented wizard when it came to wandwork.

"So, Colorus fulgeo black to green will make it flash from black to green? With the movement?" he questioned, to make sure he'd got it right. He'd heard awful, scary things about what happened when you got the pronounciation wrong. "I'll give it a go."

And with a look of concentration, and moving his wrist in alternating circles to remember the wand motion, Spike returned to his desk to do exactly that. And then he'd think about how to add his special number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
Colorus fulgeo black to green. Tap. Circle right. Circle left.

He practiced the motions slowly, face set in a curious frown as he concentrated.

Colorus fulgeo black to green. Tap. Circle right. Circle left.

Puffing his cheeks out, he picked up his stick, and twirled it round between his fingers. Time to do the spell for real. And cross his fingers that it would work. He wanted an interesting stick.

"Colorus fulgeo black to green," he said dubiously to the stick. Tap, circle, circle. Nothing. His shoulders slumped. Why did magic have to be so complicated and hard? He knew what he wanted it to look like, so why couldn't it just do it! Meh.

Screwing his eyes up in concentration, he visualised the flashing stick in his head. See? That was what he wanted. "Colorus fulgeo black to green!" Tap. Circle left. Circle right.

An eye peeped open. Hang on... The colour. It was changing. Slowlyyyyy, but it still changed. Booyah!Airpunch.

And now to add the number. For this, he'd use his quill. Much easier. Unfortunately he only had black ink, which wouldn't show against the stick when it flashed black, but nevermind. Carefully, he dipped his quill into the ink, and drew the number eight.

The number of legs Matilda had. The units of his birth day. A sideways infinity. All VERY important connotations in Spike's mind.

Josephina was about to get back to the ickle firstie in his questions about the flashing paint charm when it seemed like he attempted it and did a good first effort at it as well. "Not bad. You'll get there," Hadley said in a hopefully encouraging manner. "But really, you've got the hang of it." Just a few more times practicing, but by next year, he could probably make anything flash colors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luinevaug View Post
Luin calculated a few pf her different numbers, noticing 8 came up a few times. She shrugged though, 7 did come up and it was her personality number too. She smiled, happy that it would still work for her. Even six came up as her destiny number. She looked up at the professor, "I have calculated all these numbers and 7 seems to be my personality one, but I have noticed 8 coming up a lot. Should I take that into consideration with my stick at all? I've already decorated with 7."
"For this purpose it doesn't matter what number you've put on your stick, but just know that the vibrations associated with the number eight may be uncharacteristically strong within you." Hadley said in response to her inquiries.

SPOILER!!: Satine & Evelyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
Satine glanced up with a smile and then cocked her head to the side. "O no..." she said glancing at her notes..."I'll give it another go then..." she said grabbing a pencil and recalculating.

She quickly recalculated it and realized she was right it was a 2. "O thanks professor."

She grabbed her stick and squished up her face concentrating on somehow making the five into a two. With a flick of her wand, her stick was fixed and now had the right number. She flipped through her notes to check out what a 2 Personality Number meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
o__O!

"Yea, I uh...did that on purpose." she muttered, scratching out the lines and starting again. "You know, keep you on your toes and all."

Grin.

Right. So perhaps her work could be better if she did sleepwrite. Merlin that was a horrible mistake. No matter! She could just, cross out the eight on the stick. MWAHA! Or cover it up with a color. Putting the stick aside, she started on the new calculations. Which, of course, ended up being seven, like Professor Hadley had said. Whyyy did she not bring the notebook that had all her calculations in it already? Would have saved time and been so much easier. No wonder that information about eight kinda seemed off.

SPOILER!!: New calculations

August 20, 2058
8 + (2+0) + (2 + 0 + 5 + 8)
8 + 2 + (15)
10 + (1 + 6)
10 + 7
(1 + 7)

August 20, 2058
8 + (2+0) + (2 + 0 + 5 + 8)
8 + 2 + (15)
10 + (1 + 5)
10 + 6
(1 + 6)

SEVEN (7): Your path will lead you to study, test, and analyze everything because you can't be satisfied with anything at face value. You'll seek the meaning of existence and will always be exploring mysteries and the unexplainable to find meaning for your life. Once you've learned this lesson, you'll move on to the next phase - sharing your wisdom of the metaphysical with others. You're a born seeker - philosophical, scientific, etc. - and because of your solitary investigation of the unknown, others will seek you out for your wisdom. Career/vocation options include any job that calls for analysis, deductive reasoning, or scientific knowledge, such as teaching, or any field where you'll be allowed to study or contemplate things bigger than you.

Alright, and now to fix that eight on the stick. Pfft.

With a flick and jab of her wand, not quite doing the color changing spell that was taught in charms but one of her own, she had a nice Slytherin looking candy cane in her hand, without the sweetness. Nope, it was definitely non-edible now. And with a quick scratch of her quill, she had the number 7 where the 8 used to be.

Final step? Definitely.

With a complete circle to the right with her wand, and then a complete circle to the left with the words "Colorus fulgeo silver to green" she had a nice flashing Slytherin candy cane stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
Satine glanced in her notes to check out the new personality number...2...

She shook her head at the explanation...it wasn't as exciting as what she had thought her original number was but this one worked..well...everything but the last part about jealous....she was pretty sure no one was ever jealous of lil o purple haired Satine....she was always a very optimistic and welcoming person...and quit often too nice...she did sadly seek approval of others although she was usually invisible. yes that was her....the last sentence did still eat at her.

She glanced back at her stick and did one last check to make sure that it was good to go.

SPOILER!!: Amazing New Numbered Stick =0]

She smiled up at the professor and said one more time, "Thanks for pointing that out professor...this number really does fit me perfectly."

Beaming at the older girls as they seemed to have found their mistake, Josephina nodded. "No problem. That's what I'm here for."

Quote:
Originally Posted by top94a View Post
Raven gave a shyly smile to Professor and say "Thanks Professor for the help.

He need to add the 11 as his destiny number then

"wow, seem a good version of me" Raven say happily.

now what to do, "Err, professor, how do I make that numbered stick" Raven ask weakly
And then ... another question. "You can use a coloring charm to color the stick and add decorations to it, but to add the number, I recommend either carving it or painting the number on. Either one works, because it is the next spell that will add the magic to that number and give it the vibrations needed to make it as one of a set of 78 Chien Tung fortune sticks. While we won't be making a complete set, you're welcome to do so if you desire." To that last part, she addressed the whole class.

Now back to number vibrations, because this information may be important for them to properly complete the homework assignment. "Each of the numbers 1 through 9 have definitive and symbolic meanings that correspond to the evolution of a person’s life.

Numbers tell you about your strengths and weaknesses, what you need to work on and how to work with what you have. They can provide insight as to the lessons to be learned and your potential, even your challenges to reach that potential. It's all there in your date of birth and your birth name, or cosmic name. When your name changes, this can either enhance or detract from your ability to fulfill your mission in life, but it can never change those underlying factors that make you uniquely yourself."
For some reason, Hadley couldn't help but glance toward Jake as she said that last bit. "Your birth name and present name are therefore taken into account in your readings."

"Some of you mentioned various characteristics about the numbers, but it is important to also note the significance of master numbers. Should these arise in your readings, then they shouldn't be ignored because those numbers have their own meanings and vibrations. Each number has a variety of meanings associated with it, so while the answers may vary slightly by the uniqueness of the individual, they should fall under the same genre as well. For instance, there are differing degrees of independence for the number one. Or you might be 15 and in the beginning, but also 24 and in the same stage. Does this mean you're starting all over again? No, you're just at the beginning of something new in your life, whether it be a new school year, a new job, a new relationship... something. It will change as you age, but like I said, it will always fall under that particular genre. And as you delve further into your Arithmancy studies, then it is up to you to figure out how they all connect."

It may have seemed confusing or daunting now to some of these kids, but Josephina was sure that they'd understand once they started working more with numbers. "Back to those sticks you have all decorated. In a true set, there would be 78 fortune sticks, but as we don't have the time for that, I am just giving you the basics for how to make one. Though I do have several sets available in the lab for those interested, which you will need to borrow if you wish to complete your homework." And certainly they did, because why else would they be taking Arithmancy? Unless they were lazy when it came to assignments... "However, your sticks are missing the magical component that allows them to answer a question when delving into the art of Chieng Tung. In order to activate the magic within the number that you've etched into your sticks, you'll need to trace it with your wand and utter the words 'Fortunus lignum'."

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.