View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 AM

Post Alexandre Desplat confirms starting work on Deathly Hallows: Part II musical score

Composer Alexandre Desplat, who received an Academy Award nomination this morning for The King's Speech score, briefly discussed how pleased he was to receive the Oscar recognition, and the next project he's begun work on: the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II score.

Quote:
"It's only five composers a year, so being on the short list is a huge win for each of us. There's many, many great composers that also deserve to be there, so humbly I'm very proud and really honored.

"Tom [Hooper, the director] offered me the music prior to starting 'Harry Potter.' I just had a window before starting 'Deathly Hallows,' and I did not hesitate a second. This movie is a gem -- it's one of the rare movies that comes towards you that...talks about friendship and love and about a man who's suffering and struggling with his handicap. It's not a movie where the music cries out and blasts your ears. It's deeper than that and that's also what I like, to write something really deep and emotional. I'm very proud to have done that with Tom.

"I'm just starting the last episode of 'Harry Potter.' I did the penultimate, and now I'm just starting on the last one, which will be huge fireworks -- it will be a lot of energy to give away. That's my next main big thing."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I has now been released worldwide; Deathly Hallows: Part II will be out July 15, 2011. Click on the banner below to order tickets for the film at Fandango. Tickets are also on sale now in the UK; head over to the Harry Potter official UK Facebook for more information.