View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
o_______O

What the? Lexi looked at her BOOTS and the slightly raised back portion and shook her head. "Comfortable shoes... I thought that was what I had worn, Professor. Sorry the heel of these makes a noise..." she said with a grimace.

Points loss for that... hardly seemed fair.
As soon as the words, five points from Gryffindor were uttered from her lips, Josephina could feel the tension around the room from the Lions. It felt almost constricting, made it hard for her to focus. She dock ALL their rubies from the hourglass for making her feel this way ... confused. UGH! Merlin, Eagles and their brains she could deal with, but for real? The Lions and their brave spirit . . . could make anyone's head spin.

And then the blond girl interrupted her thought process again. Hmm? What? Not high heels? Swallowing, she looked at the boots for the first time since the girl entered the classroom. Not entirely the most comfortable shoes, but not heels either. "Oh, my apologies." She said, shaking her head and reversing the rubies silently.

Sigh. Lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoerawrr View Post
... was she kidding?

Jake tapped his finger on the board. "What... what does it say?"

He looked up at the cursive writing and glaaaaaaaaaared at it. "What... do... you... sayyyyyyyy?!"

Heh. Comfortable shoes. Good job he was wearing his Iron Man sneakers. BOOYAH.

But yes... the scribbles...

"Oh... and if this lesson has anything to do with muggles I'll... well... be pretty bored of them to be honest."

Bad mood? NOOOOOO! Never!
Huh? Jacob Jakers couldn't read cursive?! Wasn't he like a seventh year or something?

Tossing a small smile in his direction, she said quietly, "It says, 'Please take a seat and have your parchment and quill ready. Class will begin shortly.'"

Um what? The kid didn't like muggles? Shame... Because some of their games were actually quite entertaining; and not as distracting nor dangerous as quidditch was either.

SPOILER!!: Ohai pick-up-sticks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
Salander's head spun around between the Professor and Lexi, eyes growing large when the Professor docked 5 pts from Gryffindor. Over shoes.

He leaned back in his seat, which unfortunately is as far as he's gonna get from the Professor since he chose to sit front and center.

Did she just ask what game she was playing?

Uhm.... kinda obvious innit?

"Pickin'-up Stix?" he mumbled oh so quietly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyH. View Post
Pick up sticks Patroclus siad emotionless, not want to express the fact that he was not very happy that the class had started off with point lose, for such a trivial matter as Heel hight, and after all, Lexi was in boots not helss.

But Patroclus stayed quite, he would not lose them more points, but hoped that the Professor would see the error of her ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by top94a View Post
Five point, Raven heard the professor. "ooh, not again" he say weakly, why all Hogwarts professor love to deduct point as easy as always. Raven prepared his thing, and wrote a little in a parchment

Trying to make a positive point, Raven shot his hand and said, "Professor, It's called Pick up Stick",
Raven is familiar now to raised hand before speaking in class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurumi too!
Kurumi frowned as she took a seat next to Patroclus and set all her school books our on the table with her parchment and quill ready. "Hey," she said gloomily. More minus points...this time over shoes. What a waste.

Leaning over the desk a bit, Kurumi recognized the game immediately. "Professor, I believe you are playing Pick-up Sticks," she said with her hand raised despite class not officially beginning yet. "I believe the game first began in China and was actually used for Divination purposes. There is a nursery rhyme that goes with it as well...
One, two, buckle my shoe.
Three, four, shut the door.
Five, six, pick up sticks.
Seven, eight, lay them straight.
Nine, ten, a big fat hen.
Eleven, twelve, dig and delve.
Thirteen, fourteen, maids a-courting.
Fifteen, sixteen, maids in the kitchen.
Seventeen, eighteen, maids a-waiting.
Nineteen, twenty, my stomach's empty. ."

Kurumi put her hand down still feeling a it gloomy about her house losing points.

"Yes, the game is indeed called pick-up sticks. Fabulous game, mind you. Requires quite a bit of focus and perhaps if we have some time, you guys can play it too." Josephina said, as she slid off her desk and stood before the class, glancing around for the first time at the students who were present. Some new students ... but quite a few returning students were present. "And thank you, Kurumi for the re-visitation down memory lane with that nursery rhyme."

"For those who are new to Arithmancy, welcome. For those returning, welcome back and well, I think you might find the lessons planned this year a bit ... different than in past, but hopefully enjoyable still." She started off. "I'm Professor Hadley, for those who don't know. And I'd like to start off by asking you for some good methods you've either used personally or know about from others about ... helping you with numbers. I guess you could say counting aides?"

ooc: class has begun. Any late posts (or chatting unless otherwise directed) after this WILL be subjected to point loss. No exceptions. *eyes*

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.