View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
nogoodforyou
Slytherin
Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nora Penelope Reed
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Konrad Alexander Scherfig
Minister's Office
I'm just one of those pretty little liars... | | I'm held down in this starless city...

New part!

Chapter Two - "I’ll leave you alone if that’s what your friend wants." - Part two

"What happened?" Hermione asked, right after they left the Arithmancy classroom.

"Well, being the best student in our year, I suppose you know -"

"And you are the second best," said Hermione, grinning. "Sorry, go on."

"So, I was wondering if you know something about... hearing voices and weird dreams."

Hermione remained simply amazed. "Did I say something wrong?" Draco added, raising his eyebrows.

"Oh no, sorry. It’s just… When things like this happen to Harry, I have to almost torture him to tell me what's wrong. But enough about Harry," and Draco seemed pleased to stop talking about him, "what kind of voices and dreams?"

"Are you sure you want to know? Okay," he added, seeing Hermione’s face. "It was the Dark Lord, talking to me. He wanted me to join him, and of course I said no. And he also said something about me being 'even more special than Potter'. But he was gone after I asked him for more details. Um... Hermione?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry, I was just thinking -"

"He can’t get into my dreams, can he?"

"I- I’m afraid he can. Of course, you have to be very powerful to do that. Have you ever heard of Occlumency?"

"Yes, I have. My father taught me how to shut down my thoughts to anyone else. But with - him, it doesn’t seem to work. It’s like... we’re connected... somehow."

"Oh God, I’m so scared," the girl stated, almost whispering and looking away.

"Hey, I’m the one who should be scared, not you," Draco tried to say, but Hermione was scared anyway. "You shouldn’t worry," he added, unconsciously getting closer to her, trying to find her dark eyes, hidden by her curly hair. She didn’t say anything, but Draco guessed the answer. "Don’t worry, I’ll be fine," he said with a large smile on his face. But he could say anything, because Hermione was still worried.

And that was it.

He got closer and closer to her, and hugged her gently. He was so cold as he wrapped his arms around Hermione, and he even got even closer to her. It felt good, feeling the warmth of her body, feeling her arms around his waist and her face buried in his chest. He felt like he didn’t want to ever let her go. And that actually worked.

"Hey! Get your hands off her!" Ron shouted madly.

Draco leaned down over her left shoulder to whisper in her ear. "I’m going to fight back this time if he wants to break my ribs again," he said, laughing, and still holding his arms around her.

"Hermione, what did he do to you?" The red haired boy yelled, while his face was turning as red as his hair.

"What did he do to you? And that was called a hug. Since when is hugging… illegal?" Now Hermione was the one shouting.

"Hugging him is worse than illegal!"

"Hermione, I’ll leave you alone if that’s what your friend wants."

"Draco -"

He winked and she didn’t say anything; just watched him go. "Happy now?" Hermione asked, turning around to face Ron.

"Yes, I am. But why would you hug Malfoy? And what did I miss? You’re calling him by his first name now?"

"You know what? It’s not your business, and I’m not going to tell you. So, if you’ll excuse me -" Hermione interrupted him and left, walking towards the Gryffindor common room.

Once she got there, an eagle-like owl was waiting for her, with a small scroll carefully tied to its leg. A silver and green ribbon was wrapped around it and Hermione immediately recognized the neat handwriting.

Hermione,

I hope you got my little "signal" earlier. Don’t worry, I left just for Weasley to calm down, since he looked like he was going to explode there. But anyway, I don’t want to bother sneaking out with you, if that’s alright with you too. He’ll probably have to accept our friendship, whether he likes it or not. So, the sooner, the better.

I’ll wait for your letter,
Draco

The girl read it twice, and felt her heart beating faster and faster, threatening to get out of her chest. She grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill and scribbled something as fast as she could.

P.S. Maybe you noticed, maybe you didn't, but I changed the chapters' titles, each has a quote from the chapter, except for the first one.

P.P.S. Still couldn't write something new. Starting to freak out. Someone stole my inspiration.

Last edited by nogoodforyou; 07-21-2011 at 01:50 PM.