View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:54 PM

Default Meet An Author: CreativeAllie18

So here we are again, with our January installment of Meet An Author! Exciting, isn't it? I'm excited... anyway. This time we are interviewing Author and SS Member CreativeAllie18

You may have read her stories, and if you haven't you should, here:

Character Stories
The Phoenix - Sa13+

Finished FanFics
Harry's Final Year - Sa9+
Professor Snape's Secret - Sa9+
Abby - Sa13+

Poetry (Though inactive)
http://www.snitchseeker.com/ye-olde-...s-poems-25885/

Interviewer: Droo
Interviewee: CreativeAllie18

Hi Hi! Droo here!

Hello! My real name is Allison, but pretty much everyone calls me Allie.

Allison is such a pretty name. So you have been chosen for this month's Meet an Author. How's it feel... you know… to be 'The Chosen One'?

Aww, thanks! And wow, I am at a loss of words, haha. I hope I can handle the pressure.

*presses down*

*pulls out wand in lieu of attack*

LOL! Wands away! So, I must admit seeing you in my Potions Classes, I thought you were a new member. But I realize now you have been on SS for quite sometime. What brought you to SS?

Hmm...well I stumbled upon the site thanks to my friend Gwyn during my freshman year of high school. We started out our own little graphics shop and I wrote my first fanfic.

Which fic was that?

'Harry's Final Year', haha. This was before the seventh book was out, so it was my own little creative thoughts on how the series was going to end.

Didn’t we all? Some of us still do. So when did you get into Harry Potter?

I read the first book in 4th grade for a "free read" kind of thing for my class. I fell in love with it, so of course I continued to read them as they came out. I got to see the first movie at a special showing through my dad's work, and of course that got me hooked on the movies. I think at that age I was into escaping into books and the supernatural, so naturally Harry Potter held a lot of appeal for me.

Wow, that was at a fairly young age. When did you get into writing?

It's funny, I hated writing when I was in elementary school, but as soon as I hit middle school I started to have more of an interest in it. I guess I can thank my English teachers in middle school that really encouraged me to write.

Well, you are quite talented and creative... as your user name suggests. So what made you decide to start writing fanfic?

Hahaha, ahh yes. I thought about changing my username since it's not very original, but I decided to keep it. It's simple and to the point, you know? Like everyone else on SS, I just love the idea of Harry Potter and a school meant for witches and wizards to go and learn magic. When I wrote my first fanfic I wanted to take a stab at how I thought the series was going to end, but with my newer fanfics I wanted to bring in a character who could offer a new perspective on the trio and everything they go through.

Do you write any other type of fanfiction? Or anything non fan-fiction related?

My friends and I at college enjoy writing poetry, so I have developed quite the collection of poems. As for stories I have a horrible knack of starting them but never finishing them. My latest story, which I am writing for my older brother, is going to feature around a girl struggling to survive through a zombie apocalypse.

Oooo!

Haha yes, it is quite a change from my HP fanfics.

I love zombies... who doesn't love zombies....

There's nothing like a good zombie apocalypse.

Zombies are Ravenclaw you know… cause they eat BRAINZ!!!!

Hahahaha! That could make for an interesting fanfic...Harry Potter meets Zombie apocalypse....

Oooo! It could be called The Attack of the Inferi! or When Inferi Attack! You should totally write it.

Hahaha, perhaps I'll give it a go sometime. It definitely has potential!

Hey. I'd read it!

Haha, that's nice of you =)

So take us through your 'method.' Do you write an outline first? Do you just dive in? How do you start?

I'll admit I'm not much of a planner which is probably why I have such a hard time finishing stories. Luckily for me, I can follow JK Rowling's story while just adding in my own twists and turns. I'll generally have an idea of where I want to go with it, or know moments and events that I want to happen, but the order that they'll fall is anyone's guess. I just write when I'm inspired.

Do you draw from you your real life for some of your plots?

Oh, my main character Abby Carson is me in a nutshell. Usually I try to make my characters veer from me, but they always end up acting and talking like me, haha. I even find my RP character Alice Page is a lot like me.

She's adorable. I love her. What about your relationships? Like with your brother, or your parents... do you incorporate those in your stories?

Haha, aww thanks! I usually will pull in experiences that I have had into my stories, but thankfully my relationship with my parents and brother are much more pleasant than the relationship Abby has with hers. Perhaps if I write that Harry Potter vs. The Zombies I can make a character for my brother, haha.

But I think the wisdom I have gained from my own personal experiences I give to Abby in my stories.

What kind of books do you read?

I love chick flick books, haha. I'm a sucker for the predictable love stories, but I also love supernatural books as well. I'm planning on getting a couple of the Anne Rice vampire books to read over the break.

I love Anne Rice!

I hear that her books are amazing, and being a fan of vampires I find it a sin I have never read them. Speaking of vampires, the Sookie Stackhouse books are amazing as well.

Oh yes, I agree, they are good!

I think a new one came out that I haven't read yet....

Something new to read! Well, I know you are in college now. What are you studying?

I am :-D I am a sophomore at college, and I'm an English and History double major.

Cool! Best subjects to become a writer. Is that what you'd like to become?

Well for a while I wanted to be a high school English teacher, but I recently decided that I'd like to go to law school. I'd love to finish a novel and try to get it published one day, but I don't know that I'll become a professional writer or anything like that. I'll just keep writing on SS and such.

Well, we'll certainly keep reading. When you are not studying, and not on SS what things do you enjoy doing? What are your hobbies?

Aww thank you! It's nice to know people enjoy what I write. Outside of school and SS you can usually find me playing tennis or hanging out with family and friends.

I know a lot of people who play tennis on the site.

I've met a couple of lovely people on the site that play tennis as well. It is a really fun sport! I played for my high school and now I play for my college. I had shoulder surgery over the summer which put me on the sidelines for a bit, but I'm up and going again.

Aww I’m sorry to hear that. Congrats on getting back on the saddle! What kind of music do you enjoy?

I pretty much like any kind of music except for country. Right now songs from Katy Perry's new album and Ke$ha's new album are stuck in my head. They're just so catchy....*starts humming*

lol *sings along with you*

Hahaha! Fireworks can get stuck in your head for days if you're not careful!

True! True! So if you won a big honor for a book or something... like the Nobel Peace Prize... for your Zombie vs Harry Potter book. What would your speech be?

Haha, well I'd of course have to give a shout out to you for supporting the idea and to my brother whose gotten me hooked on pretty much everything dealing with zombie apocalypses. And of course I would thank all of my fellow SSers for taking the time to read my rubbish, haha.

*fans self* Oh Yay! I get a shout out!! Woot!

Hahaha, you'd deserve it a 100%! It was partially your idea you know.

Awww, thank you. So I’ve been asking this question in all my interviews. If you were an Bertie Bott Every Flavor Bean what flavor would you be and why?

Hmm...I'd probably be vanilla because I'm pretty plain and simple. But you know, vanilla is used in all of your basic cooking….

Ahhh, so you are also always involved and ever present. Good choice! Well... I thank you for your time and for your talent. I love it when people share that with everyone.

You're welcome! It was my pleasure, and I feel rather honored to be picked to be interviewed, so thank you!

You're very welcome.

Have a good rest of your day. :-D

You, too! And Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you as well :-D