View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #76 (permalink)
Ladybug

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

Im sorry guys, for the long wait and all. But here is the next chapter, and before i start i'd like to say thank you to Maura for her help again.

Without futher ado here is your chapter. Please comment.

So much was happening at once, and it wasn't long since the last battle - the biggest battle I had ever witnessed. I wasn't going to pretend and say that I was not scared, because hell, I was scared out of my mind, but now there was some sort of wizard games going on. The castle hadn't even been rebuilt yet! Not even a little. But that wasn't my place to say. I had better things to do anyway, now that the world was safe. (Thinking that made me smile wryly to myself. It sounded so cheesy and fake, like something from a Muggle comic book. “Super Potter saves the world from the evil villain Lord Voldemort!” the tabloids would scream.) I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind as I made my way down to the Great Hall, taking the stairs two at a time. I was pretty hungry.

Just as I touched the floor outside the Great Hall, I almost ran into Luna, who was as dreamy as ever. I smiled, it had been so long since I had seen her, and she naturally brought a small smile to my face even if she was still loony.

"Hello Luna" I said politely, not really in the mood to stop and chat.

"Hello Hermione, I hope you are well?" she asked in her slow, dreamy voice. I nodded my head. We exchanged words for a few minutes more before I broke off (I really was hungry) and headed inside the Great Hall itself. Dropping into my seat next to Ron, I pulled the nearest plate towards me and began to wolf down the food. I watched Ron raise his eyebrows at me as if he could only be the pig in their relationship. I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I asked around a mouthful of food.

"Nothing." He responded, shaking his head. I put another forkful of food into my mouth before settling my cutlery down. I looked around me to notice who was or wasn't there. I recognized a few friendly faces as I flicked my eyes around, but there were also some people I only knew by face, not name.

"Where are Ginny and Harry?" I asked Ron; I looked left and right up the table to see if they were somewhere else along the table, and I just hadn’t seen them. No such luck. Ron shrugged his shoulders. Not that he'd care to be honest. I sighed.

Boys.

"So are you going to enter the wizard games?" I asked him, perking up. I smiled my sweetest smile in his direction and waited for his answer. I took a small sip of my pumpkin juice; Ron gave a short laugh before he answered.

"No thanks, I’ve had enough excitement for one lifetime," He said.

"Come on Ron, this is different! You should enter, it'll help you in the future." I felt I might have been my usual bossy self so bit down hard on my lip. He’d never liked that. I had the strange idea that we had already had this conversation, like déjà vu. And by the look of Ron's face he thought so too, but I wasn't backing down.
"You’ll win, I just know it!" I added smiling, he shook his head.

"No" he simply said taking a sip of his drink. I gave him a playful glare. "You enter, then," he said, looking at my face.

"Maybe I will," I joked sticking my tongue out at him. Ron suddenly leaned forward and kissed me lightly on the lips. I jumped a little in initial shock, but then I relaxed, leaned forward, and my eyes drifted closed. After a second it grew deeper and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. One of his hands cupped my jaw, and I could feel the other on my back, pressing me closer. My stomach tingled. This was why I loved Ron so much, for moments like this. After what felt like a lifetime, but could only have been few seconds, we broke apart.

"You’ll do great" he whispered in my ear, he was clearly out of breath.

"Whoa, if that’s going to be your reaction, what are we waiting for?" I whispered, suddenly serious. After another small kiss I reluctantly pulled away and made to grab my bag. Parchment and Quill in hand I began to scribble.

"What are you doing?" I head Ron say next to me, but it felt light-years away all of a sudden.

"Entering of course," I replied finishing what I needed to write. Standing up, I put my hand out for him, which he took instantly. Bag over shoulders we headed to the entrance hall. It was only a short walk, but with Ron's hand in mine I loved every second of it.

"I was only kidding you know," Ron said as we stepped into the entrance hall. The goblet sat in the middle of the room. It was subtly there, but our eyes were drawn straight to it. It looked a lot like the goblet of fire, but different in features. We stopped, both taking a deep breath before stepping over the white line that surrounded the goblet. I stood on tiptoes to drop my piece of parchment into the object, setting myself on my own two feet, Ron holding my waist to help (I had always been on the short side) and stepped back out of the magic circle pulling Ron with me. It was done. There was no turning back, though I had the sudden urge to un-enter. I was hitting myself mentally. What was I doing? I was now entered into the tournament, and what if it was my name that actually came out? I didn’t want all that! How had Harry done it? I panicked.

Before I could dwell on it anymore I felt Ron squeeze my fingers as we watched the cup. "You’ll do great!" he repeated, looking sideways at me. I didn't reply, I didn't need to reply. He knew what I was thinking. After one more look at the goblet we turned and headed towards the grounds, hand in hand, unaware that the now surprisingly quiet Great Hall had watched the whole thing.

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.